Chasen Research camera HELP

fiestyvermin

I was invited to participate in a video chat where I go to a dollar general and upload images of what I saw in the store and items I bought. I took the video's, uploaded them, and forgot to send their camera back. I get a email today saying that if I dont send the camera back I will be charged for their camera plus a 18% fee for restocking their camera. I do not have the box I was asked to send the camera back in, I thought I had sent it bak already but maybe not. The invoice they sent me is OUTRAGEOUS I have done may video chats with cameras mailed to my home and I have never received nor do I want to pay this overbloated price they are showing:

Project Dollar Store Shoppers:

Total:

Camera:   199.00

Ship:          54.00

Late:          45.54 @ 18% of 253=  45.54

Total:        298.54

I realize that part of the charge is for the late fee but I know I looked the camera up and NOWHERE did it sell for 200 dollars.  I do not know how much pull I have or what steps to take if they decide to go collection but there is ZERO change of me paying them 254 dollars or even 200.

Is there anyway to attack their price point and what do I use to prove my case?

Please HELP with this

So you are not sure if you sent it back or not?First thing to do is to ask them if you can talk to them directly about the matter.I believe talking to a actual person solves this type of matter faster then emails.I'm sure if you could talk to a supervisor  you will be able to handle this amicably.I believe they have inflated prices to dissuade people from actually keeping the camera.

This is what you said.  I do not have the box I was asked to send the camera back in, I thought I had sent it bak already but maybe not.

Maybe I'm missing something  do you have the camera or don't you?If you have the camera I'm sure they could send you a shipping label if you don't have the camera I'm not sure what will happen unless you talk to them directly.