Beware of Focus Forward

Njsurveyman

After not getting any survey opportunities in months by this company, I was suddenly called to do an offsite research study for this company in NJ recently and was promised a $125 check at the conclusion of the study. At the end of the study, I asked for my check and was told, "Oh no, they are mailing it out to you later this afternoon". The red flags immediately went up in my head and I said ok I hope so, trying to be polite.

Three days go by and no check, so I call their accounting department and was told that it normally takes two weeks to process payments, but you should get it your check in a few days. Well, it has been 4 more days and still no check, so I just called back to follow up and this time was told in a rude way, "As stated earlier, it takes 4-6 weeks to process payments and therefore you should get it mid September" Huh? I am thinking this is NOT what was stated earlier.

Now, I am thinking I've been stiffed. If I don't get my payment by September 15th, I will be reporting this company to the BBB and Federal Trade Commission for fraud. This is unacceptable! You don't call vulnerable folks to come in for a study, promise to pay them, then stiff them!

You know who the study was done for?If so I would notify them too just in case you don't get paid.I'm sure most companies do not want to do business with a company who doesn't pay.Plus whenever I have gone in to do a study at their place I have always been paid right there on the spot.And in cash.

I did a few of their surveys and I got paid for it. Last December I did a study and got $300 and one at the beginning of the year for $175. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I received an email out of the blue on Friday asking me to begin doing a daily check in using a link that was NEVER even sent to me for some Men's shaving study. This email also mentioned I will be receiving a product to test in the mail shortly. However, I do not remember even signing up for this study (although possible). 

I emailed their priority helpdesk twice already and havent heard back. It almost seems they chose me for this study, forgot to send me the initial email, but sent me a 2nd follow up email instead. The last time I did anything for Focus Fwd was some underwear product test durimg the pandemic which they only paid me in the form of a few points on my account with them. Before that, it was about 5-7 yrs ago I had a focus group with them and remember having to chase them down for my paycheck for over a month. 

• Sad 1

I get emails from them several times a month for online surveys, but I am never eligible.  I got one recently where they were looking for people with macular degeration, which I do not have, and it only paid $50.  I got another one about medical conditions that paid $85.