What to think about putting down personal info in first question

footfree

Got a survey to do and the first question was address-phone number- and all that.They said to help them make sure we answer the questions honestly.I'm sorry I'm not doing that I feel that they are selling that info and then the next thing I know I'm getting a lot of spam emails ,phone calls and mail.Have you done that given out your info before doing the survey.

Got a survey to do and the first question was address-phone number- and all that.They said to help them make sure we answer the questions honestly.I'm sorry I'm not doing that I feel that they are selling that info and then the next thing I know I'm getting a lot of spam emails ,phone calls and mail.Have you done that given out your info before doing the survey.

I never do it. The survey company knows my information but I'm not giving out to a 3rd party.

I did one and I will be darned I started getting junk emails left and right.  And the phone calls.  What the heck??  When I asked them where they got my number they replied that I had apparently filled out something on line and agreed to the terms.  I read the terms now and don't give out a bunch of info.

I had something similar with a company I'm no longer using. Fortunately my ISP provides a feature for variations on e-mail so I can have (eg) oldchap_Global, oldchap_Pinecone, oldchap_cint etc. I use a separate e-mail address for each survey company

Recently I had a rather lengthy exchange with one about missing points, deductions & other customer non-service. Within a couple of days that mailbox was getting full of spam, some of which was not "family suitable".

Whilst I could never prove it, the only place I used that e-mail address was with that survey company

Strange...