GlobalTestMarket Hacked

flapanther87

So apparently around 4:30 this morning someone gained access to my GlobalTestMarket account and cashed out all my points.  Then at the same time my email was signed up for multiple overseas accounts which registration confirmations were sent to my email (about 130).  We scanned our 2 computers and cellphones and we don't have any viruses so I'm going to assume it had to happen on their end.  What I don't understand is they kept all my personal information the same so whatever they cashed out except for the unicef charity part will go directly to my home or paypal.  I've been doing surveys for years and never had anything like this happen.  Did this happen to anyone else recently or am I just the unlucky one?

Sorry this has happened to you but everything seems fine on my end,at least for now.Bet you they will start implementing "I'm not a Robot" sign in.I would bet this is the reason most of the sites have started doing this.Hope they didn't get to many of your points and that they don't gain access to your Paypal account.

So apparently around 4:30 this morning someone gained access to my GlobalTestMarket account and cashed out all my points.  Then at the same time my email was signed up for multiple overseas accounts which registration confirmations were sent to my email (about 130).  We scanned our 2 computers and cellphones and we don't have any viruses so I'm going to assume it had to happen on their end.  What I don't understand is they kept all my personal information the same so whatever they cashed out except for the unicef charity part will go directly to my home or paypal.  I've been doing surveys for years and never had anything like this happen.  Did this happen to anyone else recently or am I just the unlucky one?

No problems for me. Could it be someone you know doing it as a bad joke?

I think that it may be a coincidence that the email thing and GTM happened on the same day, but after looking on facebook this has happened to multiple GTM users and GTM blames the panelist for not being more safer about their passwords.  A lot of people believe it may be an inside job because no information is being changed as with usual hacks, someone is just logging into your account and cashing out amazon gift cards since they get the codes right away and then conviently GTM won't refund your account.  I put in a ticket to support on Friday so hopefully I hear something soon, lost 1023 points because of this :(

I don't have enough points in my account for someone to cash out.Maybe that is another reason some of us haven't had a problem.So to me this says as soon as you get to cash out level make sure to cash it in.It's sad but look what happened to Wells Fargo this past week.Apparently these companies are going to have to  do a harder background check on their employees.But then again you never know when someone will decide to cheat and rip  people off.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2016/09/11/wells-fargo-scam-latest-string-infractions/90139724/

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you use ClixSense? And use the same password? Cause I just learned that Clixsense just got hacked and apparently knows nothing about security, as they store (stored, past tense, hopefully!) plaintext passwords of all their users, which have now been leaked. 

I have a feeling the same thing may have happened to me. I got a message on 9/8 confirming a redemption which I did not recall making, but figured what's the difference I'll get paid either way. Today I receive 2 notices with Amazon codes. I go to redeem them and receive a message that the codes have already been applied to another account. I'm now waiting for a response from GTM/Perks.com

I have a feeling the same thing may have happened to me. I got a message on 9/8 confirming a redemption which I did not recall making, but figured what's the difference I'll get paid either way. Today I receive 2 notices with Amazon codes. I go to redeem them and receive a message that the codes have already been applied to another account. I'm now waiting for a response from GTM/Perks.com

I guess I can't say I was surprised to get a form response from them blaming me for my account being hacked and essentially telling me to go fly a kite.  I agree this sounds like an internal problem which means changing passwords would be useless.  I had already cut back on my usage of GTM due to their repeated cutting of point values. Sounds like it's time to pull the plug totally.

yep that's the same thing that happened to me, and they also cashed out 33 points for unicef (if it was a hacker I doubt they would use my points for charity)

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose you use ClixSense? And use the same password? Cause I just learned that ClixSense just got hacked and apparently knows nothing about security, as they store (stored, past tense, hopefully!) plaintext passwords of all their users, which have now been leaked. 

nope never heard of them

• 3 weeks later...

just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... I finally received a response from GTM, they stated that they found my claims to be true and I should receive a full refund in 2 weeks, I'll update if I get it :)

just wanted to give everyone a heads up.... I finally received a response from GTM, they stated that they found my claims to be true and I should receive a full refund in 2 weeks, I'll update if I get it :)

Glad to hear- it seems recently they have been reading the complaints, at least I have been getting my points.Whereas they would just dismiss my complaint.I just cashed out 3 days ago with no problem.So hopefully yours comes thru.

Happened to me.  They are not doing anything about it.  They sent me 3 amazon codes that had already been redeemed by someone.  I contacted them and no action.  It has been over a month.