Pinecone lockout

biggdonn101

I don't know exactly what to do about this, but perhaps someone here does. Recent login attempts to Pinecone Research have failed for me. First I had to reset my password. Next it said I had not logged in recently, and to prove I was not a robot, I had to click on photos. Over the course of many attempts, I clicked on 100s, perhaps even 1000 or more photos. Each time after doing this for 5-10 minutes, my account is locked and cannot be accessed at all for a day or two. I tried contacting my representative at Pinecone and got what was probably a form email saying I would need to reset my password, which I have done several times. If I can no longer take surveys with this company, fine, but I would at least like to be able to redeem the points I have already earned. I can do neither if I cannot log in. Ideas?

• Like 1

I think they just implemented the "I am not a robot" and don't have the web site up and running all the way.I would wait until you hear someone says it is, like one of the panelist here.After that I would try and reset the password.If that doesn't work then contact them.They will get your account on the mend.They are honest and above board it just takes them time to get the ball rolling.

After a couple of weeks of dealing with Pinecone on this, I have given up both on dealing with them and with ever being able to use my existing points. Taking surveys is not a matter of national security. I did not have to give as much info when applying for a Federal Job as they want. 

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I cannot redeem my points. They have been great in the past, but I don't know what is going on. I hope they get it fixed, I like taking the surveys.

The only time my account was locked was just after the required password change. Once unlocked , all was well until about 2 months ago when the site's reCAPTCHA started seeing Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 50 browsers as "unsupported" , even though they were listed as being supported. There was no way to access the site and redeem the credits. Support was of little help - they said the ID and password were fine and it was likely entered wrong (stored in Firefox - auto entered) or to try a different browser. Downloaded the latest Safari and that also failed. On a whim , I downloaded the latest version of Opera , since it is Chrome based. That worked. The browser is recognized and I get the "I'm not a robot". It also worked for Zoompanel.