How Long Does It Take To Get A New Panel Submitted To This Website?

Njsurveyman

I recently submitted Amazon Mechanical Turk and One Poll (surprised neither of them were on here officially yet).  It said that my submissions were successful, however I still do not see them on the list.  I am confused.  How long until they show up?

Hi Njsurveyman,

Thank you for your submissions. We receive quite a few submissions daily, and not all are legitimate or qualify to be listed on SurveyPolice, so many do not ever make it to our directory. As well, it takes time to put together a new listing, so even approved submissions are not added immediately.

Amazon Mechanical Turk hasn't been added, as it doesn't seem to fit anywhere; our two categories are: legitimate survey panels and GPT Programs. We don't have a separate category for micro-job websites, hence its current absence from our directory...

Ok. Thanks for your reply. It is a shame Amazon Turk cannot be added in some way considering there are better and more survey opportunities on their site than just about any orher survey company.

At least One Poll can be added hopefully. :)

It wouldn't actually be a terrible idea to have a third type, for sites that have a significant amount of paid student/academic surveys, but aren't "survey sites" in the traditional sense. (Other than there wouldn't be a lot in it right now. I can think of two: mturk obviously, as well as Prolific.ac, but always possible there are more / could be more in the future.)

I do agree neither of those really fit the current categories. (I also agree that mturk is far and away more lucrative than any of the traditional survey sites I've tried.)

• 11 months later...

Do you have an Amazon Account? You should be able to sign in using your same user email and password that you use to log into your regular Amazon Acccount. (Unless they are not taking anyone new right now). Perhaps you can try contacting Amazon and ask? I know that they do require you to submit your SS number in case you make over $600 in a year. 

4 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

Do you have an Amazon Account? You should be able to sign in using your same user email and password that you use to log into your regular Amazon Acccount. (Unless they are not taking anyone new right now).

99.999% chance it's that last one. This past year I've seen posts like that one like every other day on /r/mturk on reddit. They just aren't accepting very many people these days, seemingly cause they're full. As people go inactive, they start accepting previous applicants at random - I've heard of people getting in months after they applied and were initially rejected. (I've also heard of people applying and never getting in, though). I'm super lucky I heard of it before that started happening (a couple years ago at this point). 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried other sites similar to Mturk? Just wondering if there are any good ones out there because to be honest, I have been making more $$ on Mturk this past month than any of the other regular survey sites. Therefore, we really should have a separate thread or rating system for these type of sites (especially when they are working out better for folks than the typical survey sites)

There really aren't any other sites that are just like mturk. There are a handful of other sites that do gruntwork tasks like mturk has a lot of (crowdflower comes to mind), and at least one other site that focuses on academic surveys like most of where my mturk money comes from (prolific), but neither of them have even remotely the quantity of tasks that mturk has. Note: the subreddit SitesLikeMturk, and how pretty much dead it is compared to the mturk subreddit. 

Not that this means we shouldn't have another section for "sites like mturk" here, too - mturk itself would just beat the pants off the rest of them, in my experience.

Ok. I think I will just stick with Mturk for now then. But, definitely suggest that the admins of this forum consider adding another forum section for sites similar to how Mturk operates. I guess it can be called "Tasks For Money Sites".