YouGov

Danno

After being a member for several years, YouGov suspends my account for what they say I broke their POS standards, and my account was suspended.  No explanation given and I have written several e-mails asking them to investigate, but no response...I simply don't get it!  I would never scam or try to cheat in any way,  them or anyone else, and am very Angry, and Disappointed getting slammed like this....I always trusted the YouGov survey site, as I always got a lot of surveys from them, and several gift cards.

I have been a member of other sites, and never accused of this before, other than just having a drop off of surveys to fill out, or they got so boring I unsubscribed to them.  Never expected something like this from YouGov people.  Needless to say, I am done with surveys, and hope this is a fair warning to others who are faithful to YouGov..  Drop them, before they drop you, and don't waste your time doing their surveys or else get false accusations against your integrity.

I just cashed out for my last time with YouGov and  I am so excited. The second I get that gift card in the mail, they are going to be dumped.  They have horrible customer service, if you can even call it that. I hope you keep emailing them everyday until they finally answer. I know it's frustrating to deal with a company that won't respond or that will fight you over pennies, but I wish you luck.

• Like 1

I just cashed out for my last time with YouGov and  I am so excited. The second I get that gift card in the mail, they are going to be dumped.  They have horrible customer service, if you can even call it that. I hope you keep emailing them everyday until they finally answer. I know it's frustrating to deal with a company that won't respond or that will fight you over pennies, but I wish you luck.

Hi Spider,  Thank you for your reply.  and think you are very smart for dumping them.  I have gotten  about 3 or 4 CVS Gift cards over the past few years, and was shocked to have this happen...You know what they say,  fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....and, I wish you the best to in you survey endeavors.

• Like 1

I just cashed out for a $100 gift card and had a great experience(only took me I think 1 1/2 to 2 years to do ).In fact I got my card in like 2 or 3 weeks of asking for it.Yes I have had to contact them and yes they have terrible customer service.That is if they answer it could take a couple of weeks for them to do that.But I'm staying on -not all of us will have the same thing happen to them.However if it does then I will be outta there.

I just cashed out for a $100 gift card and had a great experience(only took me I think 1 1/2 to 2 years to do ).In fact I got my card in like 2 or 3 weeks of asking for it.Yes I have had to contact them and yes they have terrible customer service.That is if they answer it could take a couple of weeks for them to do that.But I'm staying on -not all of us will have the same thing happen to them.However if it does then I will be outta there.

Congrats on  your gift card, and hope you continue good luck with them :-P

• 2 weeks later...

After being a member for several years, YouGov suspends my account for what they say I broke their POS standards, and my account was suspended. 

Oh, that can't be good!   I've been with YouGov since back when they were making a collaborative movie.  :shock:   I *finally* had enough points to cash out a couple of weeks ago.  I've been sitting on edge waiting to see if I actually get the gift card. 

After that... not sure if I'll continue or not.  Unless there's a way to get more points to add up than what I'm currently doing (just waiting for their infrequent invitations)  it sure takes forever to have enough to cash out!

I took a YouGov survey via GTM on Swagbucks the other day. I get to the end and they insist on name and address to finish. Nowhere upfront did they say this survey requires name and address for credit. I'm not a member of their site but I don't have much but an unfavorable viewpoint of them after this experience.

I took a YouGov survey via GTM on Swagbucks the other day. I get to the end and they insist on name and address to finish. Nowhere upfront did they say this survey requires name and address for credit. I'm not a member of their site but I don't have much but an unfavorable viewpoint of them after this experience.

I've noticed some of the surveys there can get invasive, especially with the upcoming election.  I don't mind answering about being registered to vote or not, but when it comes to them wanting to know things like with which country I'm registered, it doesn't seem that I should need to answer that.  I generally don't mind giving my name and address there because they already have it from my registration... but there are some things that should be covered with privacy laws... especially things like precise location of voter registration!   Just my two and a half cents.  :mrgreen:

Oh, that can't be good!   I've been with YouGov since back when they were making a collaborative movie.  :shock:   I *finally* had enough points to cash out a couple of weeks ago.  I've been sitting on edge waiting to see if I actually get the gift card. 

After that... not sure if I'll continue or not.  Unless there's a way to get more points to add up than what I'm currently doing (just waiting for their infrequent invitations)  it sure takes forever to have enough to cash out!

I just got my final gift card from them so don't worry, the one thing they do right is pay.

• Like 1

You don't have to give it to them. Unless i'm mistaken that's the survey that says if you don't want to, just write No Address on that line and just give your state and zipcode

I forgot about the movie!  Oh yes, that didn't rear it's ugly head again did it?  I think I made it through 4 of the viewings and then I never heard about it again.  Gee, hope I don't get rich off of that thing. ;) 

• Like 1

Companies that deliver cards out.....  Hummmmm....  I request so many cards at once honestly I never get to focus on how long it take them to get here.  I move on with life and do other stuff...  Usually, when they arrive I'm shocked as I usually have forgotten I requested it....  For me, you gov has never been a problem thus far...