Ice Cream Product Test Via Focus Pt Global via Ipsos

Njsurveyman

I was recently invited to participate in this study, however they are now telling me to go out and buy a certain brand of ice cream. Well.....where is the money they expect me to use for this?? There's no way I am using my own money with the possibility and hope they will reimburse me (which will probably not be for another three months (if they ever do). I would definitely be cautious about this study if anyone else is invited to participate. These companies need to realize that if they WANT our help to test a product that we need to actually purchase, we should be given the money to at least purchase it with first.

• Like 1

Yeah, no kidding. The only time I've been told to test a product where I wasn't just shipped a box with the product in it, they mailed me a paper coupon to take to Walmart to redeem for a free box of the pizza in question. (Incidentally, because it was from BzzAgent rather than a traditional survey company, rather than telling me I'm not allowed to say what it was, they actually encourage me to say what it was: it was a brand called Urban Pizza, and it was actually pretty solid. Not sure it'd be quite worth 7 bucks a pizza, but pretty solid anyway. Was a steal at 4 bucks - they sent me one for free, and coupons for 3 bucks off several more. :))

Last time I did a a test survey like that for them they sent me the check then asked me to go buy it.I would write them and ask for the money upfront.However they are not good about answering emails.They are just as bad as GTM.

I did a survey for McCormick where they sent out some seasoning to try and I had to buy the meat myself.Boy was I ticked ,I hated the seasoning and was out the money for the meat.Plus the time it took to go buy the meat and all that.I wont do that type of survey anymore unless I'm paid upfront to give it a try.

Yes, I agree. I was sent a check to buy a box of white castle burgers for a survey. I would never use my own money for a product test.

The only times I used my own money was when I was doing mystery shopping,   I had to buy a product and return it that same day. Or go to the theater and watch a lot of movies, but it was a trusted company that reimbursed your money , paid for transportation and paid for the mystery shop.

I contacted Ipsos and they claimed that Focus Point Global should have given me the $6 to buy the ice cream with. Well, still nothing, even though they keep sending me emails telling me to get started. Smh. Is anyone else participating in this ice cream panel? I'd like to hear from you. I am not even sure if they are supposed to send the money via snail mail or paypal.

I contacted IPSOS and they claimed that Focus Point Global should have given me the $6 to buy the ice cream with. Well, still nothing, even though they keep sending me emails telling me to get started. Smh. Is anyone else participating in this ice cream panel? I'd like to hear from you. I am not even sure if they are supposed to send the money via snail mail or paypal.

I'm not with this particular panel however when they did send me the money it was by snail mail(check).

And btw congrats on getting a answer- you should ask them when they sent the check who knows it could have gotten lost.

Ok. Perhaps mail was slowed down due to Columbus Day. It was Not Focus Pt Global who gave me a response, it was Ipsos telling me that FPG should be sending me the money. They are only offering to pay an additional $10 upon the conclusion of this study anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

I have an in person coffee taste test paying me $125 on the spot this Wed., so that's where I am channeling my enthusiasm right now.

Ok. Perhaps mail was slowed down due to Columbus Day. It was Not Focus Pt Global who gave me a response, it was IPSOS telling me that FPG should be sending me the money. They are only offering to pay an additional $10 upon the conclusion of this study anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

I have an in person coffee taste test paying me $125 on the spot this Wed., so that's where I am channeling my enthusiasm right now.

Congrats on the taste test- I wish I could get a invite for  focus group been awhile

No, Ipsos contacted me and flat out lied to me telling me that I was indeed already sent the money and verified to have received it to buy the ice cream with ($6.00). I basically wrote them back and called them liars and left it at that. I would never do anything again if it involves Ipsos. They are extremely untrustworthy.

Ok. Perhaps mail was slowed down due to Columbus Day. It was Not Focus Pt Global who gave me a response, it was IPSOS telling me that FPG should be sending me the money. They are only offering to pay an additional $10 upon the conclusion of this study anyway, so I'm not too concerned.

What site did that come from? I did test a coffee maker for 3 months and didn't get to keep it but got 3 months of free coffee and couple of dollars for a post test survey. I have definite opinions about coffee taste and would love to do a taste test. $125 would make it a even better:)

What site did that come from? I did test a coffee maker for 3 months and didn't get to keep it but got 3 months of free coffee and couple of dollars for a post test survey. I have definite opinions about coffee taste and would love to do a taste test. $125 would make it a even better:)

I go two places where I live that has live focus groups.If you haven't checked for one in your local area I would suggest to try.The experience is much better going there then online,plus they pay right there on the spot.

UPDATE: Today I received a $6 Paypal deposit from Focus Forward aka Surveysquad. However, this study WAS being conducted by Ipsos via Focus Pt Global. But, they want me to purchase 2 tubs of ice cream (which cost about $4 each not on sale). This just gets stranger and stranger. This also comes after I told the company to remove me from this study. I wonder if they have the ability to yank that $6 back, since I dropped out of this totally disorganized study??