Global Test Market Question(s)/Feedback ?

jacknstax

Okay,  so I heard a lot of members (as well as members from other forums)  talk bad about GTM.

The one question that I have is why is it that almost all of the survey sites when taking me to a survey,  ever so often run me via Global Test Market.   I mean,  it seems all good to obtain my points, money, etc., when another site takes me (or re-routes me)  to GTM.   Just wondering why they get so many poor reviews?

So many of you have been doing these surveys so much longer than I have I am hoping some of the veteran members could lend some clarity to my question here.

Thank you like always.  :)

Because they're buggy as all frack, and they don't care. GTM pays decently (not amazingly, but decently), and their screenout rate for me hasn't been either amazing or terrible, which puts them in the upper tier of reasonably decent sites, except, as I said - it's not remotely uncommon to complete a whole survey and get any number of different types of errors at the end of the survey. Now, that's not necessarily GTM's fault (though sometimes it is), and I see that sometimes with other portal sites as well (though not quite as commonly, mostly because the biggest offender in the "error at the end for no reason" department is mysurvey, and GTM and mysurvey are tightly linked, so you often get mysurvey surveys through GTM, which then error at the end). The difference is, with other, better sites, if you inform them that something like that happened, they usually get back to you in a day or two and credit you the points. With GTM, they'll most likely just ignore you forever, or maybe a couple months later they'll apologize but tell you the survey is now closed so they can't do anything (duh, that's what happens when you wait 2 months!), or they'll respond with a vague form response that doesn't help and then ignore you, or if you're lucky, they'll actually read your email and respond with something that at least indicated they read your email, but still won't fix their stuff, either retroactively or going forward. So that is why they stink.

(But they're still in my list, because at least they pay half-decently, and I've gotten a few product tests from them. :P)

It doesn't ever bother me when other sites send me to GTM, because those issues are irrelevant if they're not the one that has to respond if there's an issue with the handshake at the end. (It only bothers me, as mentioned, when other sites send me to mysurvey, because mysurvey has a long history of messing up the handshake from both directions. >.>)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Being Canadian I  notice GTM has of late along with Pinecone becoming very dicey which sees their reputation wanting..Complain as you may but complacency ever shows it face..It seems both sites are hurting and eliminating panelists cuts costs...Frustration will turn any panelist away and that no doubt is their motive..Childish but it works....

• 5 months later...

I was a member of GTM for years then they accused me of having two accounts even though I didn't I was a member of a sister company mysurvey and even received emails supposedly from GTM but with mysurvey headings any way I argued with them for a few weeks they kept saying I broke rules ( I didn't ) they closed my account with over £20 in it and that was the end I couldn't do any thing about it so I closed my mysurvey account as well didn't want the same thing to happen with that one

• 1 year later...

As an Australian member of GTM, and have been for a long time now, I'm an increasingly finding the site harder to get into and it is so buggy of late??

I have recently had to change my email address I use for surveys and have tried  to do the change of email address online with the GTM site, but cannot do so?  I have also tried to contact them via the site, but  again, the site runs me back to the log in screen all the time? The contact us does exactly the same thing.

My account has also been locked for unknown reasons on a couple of occasions now, and it took a lot of argie bargie and unanswered emails and finally a phone call to their office here in Australia - yes, and that took some finding as well - before they reopened my account.   No apologies, nothing, and a huge loss of points when the account was reopened!

I have points to the value of about $50AU, and want to cash out, change email address and close account, but it seems I can't do any of the above?  Will try and find the phone numbers again I think !!