Your Word Shutting Down?

jberri12

I received the following message below.  Did anyone else get this notification?  I've been making pretty good money on Your Word this year, so this came as a complete surprise to me.  Or am I interpreting this message wrong?

It’s not you, it’s us.

The YourWord community will close its doors on New Year's Eve this year, after three fun years. Below are a few things you should know, so you’re prepared for YourWord’s final days.

What is happening?
The YourWord community will close at midnight CST on December 31, 2016. After this date, your rewards will no longer be available. You will also no longer have access to the YourWord website (including YourRewards), and the ability to log-in will be disabled.

What will become of my rewards?
You may continue to respond to survey invitations from YourWord in the coming months. You will have until 11:45 p.m., CST, December 31, 2016 to redeem YourRewards.

What will happen to my information?
All of your personally identifiable data will be deleted or made anonymous as soon as technically possible with the next data run.

Why is this happening?
As the market research world evolves, so, too, must we.

Thank you for your participation for the last three years. Please write to [email protected] with any additional questions.

Yours Truly,

YourWord Team

I got the same message. Another one bites the dust! I don't feel too affected by the shutdown since it takes months for me to obtain $10. They were on fire in the beginning when members got 25 cents for disqualifying surveys. Then when it dropped to 10 cents, the site wasn't so fun anymore.

• Like 1

I checked with YourWord as I wondered whether the UK arm of YourWord was also affected - they confirmed today that it's just the US YourWord panel that's closing at the end of the year i.e. the UK panel will be continuing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 4:24 PM, boomery said:

I got the same message. Another one bites the dust! I don't feel too affected by the shutdown since it takes months for me to obtain $10. They were on fire in the beginning when members got 25 cents for disqualifying surveys. Then when it dropped to 10 cents, the site wasn't so fun anymore.

I did like getting money for disqualifying. There were weeks when it seem like I would cash out weekly. 

• Like 1

Thank goodness they were honest and gave us plenty of notice. I liked the site a lot- it was my Dominos Pizza money- me and my family have had lots of dinner and a movie nights at home thanks to those gift cards combined with redbox rental codes. I will miss them, and will continue to do surveys with them until the end. Kudoes to them for being so upfront- and also for the DQ payments- many companies do neither.

• Like 1

I will be sorry to see them go. I fell off from them for about a year, not because of lack of interest but because of general survey fatigue. I wish I hadn't. They remain as awesome as I remembered. I'm one of the few people who wasn't nearly as put off by the reduction in compensation for not qualifying because 10 cents per survey you don't qualify for is still really generous. Value-wise, their surveys aren't the best in terms of reward for time spent, but they're pretty solid. The survey topics were interesting and page design for their surveys made it pretty easy to do them without losing interest. They paid out quickly, near instantly (except on weekends where you'd have to wait until Monday), and their contact support service was always accommodating. Their R01 portals are one of the few portals I actually liked doing because the chances of getting an enjoyable survey that you also qualify for were high.

So, when I found out they were closing, I still had one dollar to earn in order to redeem, which I did after learning that they'd still be hosting surveys all through Novemeber (I contacted them to make sure). Afterwards, I decided to see how many more times I could redeem before the end. Four more times, once per week, and their contact support is still putting in maximum effort.. I'm really going to miss YourWord, but at least it will be easier to prioritize the dozen other survey sites I'm a part of now. Maybe I'll pay another visit to MyView.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As Sunweazle mentioned, note that although YourWord USA closed on December 31, 2016, YourWord UK is still fully operational. We made note of this change on their listing on SurveyPolice: https://www.surveypolice.com/your-word

On 11/10/2016 at 3:05 AM, Sunweazle said:

I checked with YourWord as I wondered whether the UK arm of YourWord was also affected - they confirmed today that it's just the US YourWord panel that's closing at the end of the year i.e. the UK panel will be continuing.

• 1 month later...
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, mh1971 said:

Had an e-mail today - the UK site is closing on the 31st March.

Same here,

It's not you, it's us.

The YourWord community will close its doors on March 31 this year, after three fun years. Below are a few things you should know, so you're prepared for YourWord's final days.

What is happening?
The YourWord community will close at midnight GMT on March 31, 2017. After this date, your rewards will no longer be available. You will also no longer have access to the YourWord website (including YourRewards), and the ability to log-in will be disabled.

What will become of my rewards?
You may continue to respond to survey invitations from YourWord in the coming months. You will have until 11:45 p.m., GMT, March 31, 2017 to redeem YourRewards.

What will happen to my information?
All of your personally identifiable data will be deleted or made anonymous as soon as technically possible with the next data run.

Why is this happening?
As the market research world evolves, so, too, must we.

And annoyingly I've got £4.70 (need £5.00 to cash out) - the last 3 surveys I've tried have been DQ so looks like that'll be wasted