Telephone scams

footfree

Really sick of them today ,I get a call the lady said she was calling because she knew I was having issues with my internet.I told her I knew she was full BS(and not the abbreviated bs)and not to call back.Well 3 hours later same type of call but this time a man, what did I say to him?I told him to  F -ing leave me alone -and  yes I said the whole word.You know you have had enough when it comes to this.Most times I like to play with them and say I have no internet - they are like what?I say I have no internet.Then they usually say sorry for bothering you.I normally dont talk to people like(curse, at them) that and I feel bad about doing it but I keep telling myself why should I?They are not only  trying to scam people but they are knowingly  trying to scam people,so it's not like they are innocent.Anyway do you play with them or tell them off?

• Like 1

Gotten those calls in the past. One day I even got 2 calls from the same person (male , Indian accent) within an hour. First time he was "John" and later "Mary". At first I did as you did - told them off. I finally started messing with them. What computer - I don't have one. Another time , when they said my computer was sending out error messages , I said " You mean my Commodore 64?". They hung up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get them daily on my landline. Got rid of that in 2010 and have never looked back or noticed any inconvenience. It is what it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I play along with them.  I especially like the one who ask about windows.  I'll ask them if they mean dining room windows, living room windows, etc.  I tell them I have a lot of windows.  Are they trying to sell me windows?  I do this for my amusement . . . they usually get very angry with me, use an obscenity and then hang up.  I still have a landline so I get a lot of calls from charities, political and scams.  I now answer the phone this way . . . hello what is your name and why are you calling me.  If they attempt to chat without answering my questions, I just keep repeating  what is your name and why are your calling?  They usually get frustrated and hang up.  If it is charity using a paid soliciter, I tell them I don't contribute through paid solicitiers.  

• Like 3