I just did the most fun survey on OO

Mai

The survey I just did on Opinion Outpost was the most enjoyable one I've done in years. It was so silly! 

It was a survey about chicken sandwiches. They basically did what a lot of surveys do with brands and such - ask you to describe how they'd be as a human. But I loved this one, they asked actually fun questions about what the sandwich would be like as a human. Silly stuff like 'if this KFC sandwich and A&W sandwich had superpowers how would a fight go down'. 

They said that whoever wrote the most creative answers would win an incentive of 10x what the regular incentive they got was. I was joking with my friend that since I've been watching anime since I was a kid, I got the whole chicken sandwich anthropomorphism in the bag. :8_laughing:

I just wish more surveys were like this! But unfortunately for every survey like this there's 10 Ipsos ones with one page full of 20 brands and attributes. 

19 hours ago, paulgro said:

Glad to hear someone found a fun survey. Too many of them are so serious or boring.

You sure got that right, paulgro!   I did one yesterday... it went on and on endlessly... finally I thought I got to the end and it said "congratulations, you have qualified to take the survey."   NOT nice.   On the other hand, I really like chicken sandwiches and I never get those fun ones.  :-)

It does take real creativity to author  a fun survey. Maybe comedians should be the creators. Along those lines I remember a training video I watched at work some years ago. It was really done creatively and was not boring like most work videos. Creator: John Cleese of Monty Python fame.

On 11/17/2016 at 1:49 PM, penangel said:

You sure got that right, paulgro!   I did one yesterday... it went on and on endlessly... finally I thought I got to the end and it said "congratulations, you have qualified to take the survey."   NOT nice.   On the other hand, I really like chicken sandwiches and I never get those fun ones.  :-)

On 11/18/2016 at 3:08 PM, JD said:

It does take real creativity to author  a fun survey. Maybe comedians should be the creators. Along those lines I remember a training video I watched at work some years ago. It was really done creatively and was not boring like most work videos. Creator: John Cleese of Monty Python fame.

I don't mind having to work a little for the few cents they give us but when you have to keep answering the same questions over and over it seems the writer is just trying to make the survey as long as possible. Then I start getting frustrated!!

Ugh, I hate those "if {company/product} were a human" questions. Just ask me questions about the actual product, please! Companies and products are not humans, most adjectives that describe one well describe the other terribly. Those questions drive me totally crazy, and I generally just click down the whole left side: "poorly". >.> (I'm not saying I don't bother reading the choices and answer mindlessly, I'm just saying, that's usually the one that "best" fits for all of them. I hate those questions.)