Expert Outpost by Toluna opinions?

Diamonique

It appears that Expert Outpost is owned by InMoment, not Toluna. Toluna provides software solutions for many companies, so when you see "Powered by Toluna", it often means that the community is using Toluna's software, but isn't necessarily run (sponsored/administered) by them.

They list rewards as gift cards and cash rewards. Unfortunately, they aren't more specific.

2 hours ago, Administrator said:

It appears that Expert Outpost is owned by InMoment, not Toluna. Toluna provides software solutions for many companies, so when you see "Powered by Toluna", it often means that the community is using Toluna's software, but isn't necessarily run (sponsored/administered) by them.

They list rewards as gift cards and cash rewards. Unfortunately, they aren't more specific.

Thanks for correcting me. I didn't realize Toluna did that too. It's frustrating that I can't find any survey panel reviews for Expert Outpost or even InMoment. All I can find online about InMoment is stuff about customer reviews.they provide for companies and satisfaction surveys for companies and their websites.

I somehow signed up for this company...I think it might've even been through a Mcdonalds survey that I did...it doesn't seem to be very good since you need 5000 points for a $5 Amazon gift cert & the surveys are few & far in between..I think I have like 1600 points..so I might be able to cash out in April next year if it keeps going the way it is...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!!

My name is Sandra, and I am one of the key moderators on Expert Outpost.

Thank you so much for your feedback above. I certainly agree there are areas that we need to expand on, and I'm excited that many of our 'Experts' (As we like to call ourselves) are going to see some amazing changes in 2017.

• We are InMoment.  So I see a lot of confusion behind 'Toluna' and 'InMoment'.  As the administrator mentioned, we are actually part of InMoment and our jobs are simple. Work with individuals to understand what more brands can do to help us enhance your future experience with them. 

Toluna is our technology sponsor. They help us expand our technology offerings so that you are able to complete fun and quick activities (and also earn more rewards, of course). They help us think outside the box, if you will.

• More Rewards. Yes, this is something we are working on at the moment (no pun intended). Expert Outpost only started 6 months, so we really had to start small. BUT because of the tremendous feedback we received from our Experts, we will be;

• Increase our daily points pretty drastically.
    • Increase our offerings to include $10 rewards. Yay!!

• Registration. At the moment, unfortunately, we are a closed registration. However, if you are interested to join - Please do contact me on [email protected] and we can certainly talk.

Thanks Y'all. I'm here to answer any other questions! :-)

Sandra

• 8 months later...

Expert Outpost is not bad, but after very frequent visitation, I have only actualized $15 for the entire year.  Many of the activities/questions are interesting and there are responses all over the spectrum.  However, I've found Expert Outpost not very fulfilling.  The moderator is not very good at responding to either direct emails or to posts in the discussions. The rewards are not proportional, meaning if one posts a fractional sentence or an essay, the reward is the same.  The "expert" rating is purely quantitative and only based on the number of posts made.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 8:57 AM, schludermann said:

Expert Outpost is not bad, but after very frequent visitation, I have only actualized $15 for the entire year.  Many of the activities/questions are interesting and there are responses all over the spectrum.  However, I've found Expert Outpost not very fulfilling.  The moderator is not very good at responding to either direct emails or to posts in the discussions. The rewards are not proportional, meaning if one posts a fractional sentence or an essay, the reward is the same.  The "expert" rating is purely quantitative and only based on the number of posts made.

Thank you for your feedback Schludermann.

I do apologize for not responding back so quickly -- We certainly are working to find more ways that will allow us to respond more quickly to our Experts. Our community has almost doubled since last year so it does take me a bit of time to respond. I do apologize for the delay. Please send me an email again on [email protected] and I'll make sure I get to it ASAP :-D

In terms of the activities and ranks -- Thank you first for the feedback. We are certainly working to increase the number of points you can receive per activity. We did increase it in the beginning of last year following our 'What more can we do' survey. We also have slowly started to increase our weekly activities and surveys, as we have gotten a lot of feedback regarding this as well.

I can tell you, however, that we do have some Experts who are receiving close to $10 in rewards a month. This is where the ranks do help. Our Experts who have become 'Champion', 'Ultimate' or 'Legends' have completed various activities and have been with our for quite some time now. They have been involved in discussions, talking to people, and constantly helping us find more ways to make our community even better. 

I really do appreciate your feedback regarding our community. We are still quite new but are constantly looking for more ways to make your experience on our site better, and hopefully get you more rewards as well :-D. I do apologize for the slight inconveniences and promise to continue to offer more whenever I can!!!

Thanks again Schludermann. Hope to hear from your soon -- I'll be looking for your email.

Sandra

On 8/30/2017 at 2:52 PM, sandraw said:

Thank you for your feedback Schludermann.

I do apologize for not responding back so quickly -- We certainly are working to find more ways that will allow us to respond more quickly to our Experts. Our community has almost doubled since last year so it does take me a bit of time to respond. I do apologize for the delay. Please send me an email again on [email protected] and I'll make sure I get to it ASAP :-D

In terms of the activities and ranks -- Thank you first for the feedback. We are certainly working to increase the number of points you can receive per activity. We did increase it in the beginning of last year following our 'What more can we do' survey. We also have slowly started to increase our weekly activities and surveys, as we have gotten a lot of feedback regarding this as well.

I can tell you, however, that we do have some Experts who are receiving close to $10 in rewards a month. This is where the ranks do help. Our Experts who have become 'Champion', 'Ultimate' or 'Legends' have completed various activities and have been with our for quite some time now. They have been involved in discussions, talking to people, and constantly helping us find more ways to make our community even better. 

I really do appreciate your feedback regarding our community. We are still quite new but are constantly looking for more ways to make your experience on our site better, and hopefully get you more rewards as well :-D. I do apologize for the slight inconveniences and promise to continue to offer more whenever I can!!!

Thanks again Schludermann. Hope to hear from your soon -- I'll be looking for your email.

Sandra

Sandra,

Thanks for replying.  However, your response is not consistent with experience. It is frustrating that you are the only contact for issues with this panel.  In the year I've participated with Expert outpost, I've earned the ranking of "Ultimate Expert" with over 450 interactions.  Now, it is true there is a section on the dash "Want to earn amazing rewards? Here's how"  but it only links to a very limited FAQ with no guidance how to achieve these monthly yields you've mentioned.  I plan to make the next payout and abandon Expert Outpost.

Kris

• Like 1

9 hours ago, schludermann said:

Sandra,

Thanks for replying.  However, your response is not consistent with experience. It is frustrating that you are the only contact for issues with this panel.  In the year I've participated with Expert outpost, I've earned the ranking of "Ultimate Expert" with over 450 interactions.  Now, it is true there is a section on the dash "Want to earn amazing rewards? Here's how"  but it only links to a very limited FAQ with no guidance how to achieve these monthly yields you've mentioned.  I plan to make the next payout and abandon Expert Outpost.

Kris

I am sorry to hear that Kris. As I said, we are expanding and will have more people working to help manage out the emails and discussions soon. We are small team but we are getting there!! However, I do completely understand.

If you have any further questions, you know my email :-D

I really appreciate all your feedback - You truly have helped us make a difference and if you ever decide to come back please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Sandra

• 3 months later...

I've been responding to surveys from Expert Outpost for a couple of years now, i think. Not really sure.  I find that lately the points rack up very quickly and the offer some high-point surveys too.  I've redeemed my Amazon gift cards twice and it really seems like it takes minimal effort.  My only complaint is that the site and the comments load VERY slowly.  I almost have to have some other short time task lined up when i click that button. It's a little frustrating but i think the survey questions are relevant, the responses from other members are interesting to read and the Amazon gift card is very usable. Just my 2 cents! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 10:15 AM, RubyJuly said:

I've been responding to surveys from Expert Outpost for a couple of years now, i think. Not really sure.  I find that lately the points rack up very quickly and the offer some high-point surveys too.  I've redeemed my Amazon gift cards twice and it really seems like it takes minimal effort.  My only complaint is that the site and the comments load VERY slowly.  I almost have to have some other short time task lined up when i click that button. It's a little frustrating but i think the survey questions are relevant, the responses from other members are interesting to read and the Amazon gift card is very usable. Just my 2 cents! :)

Hi RubyJuly,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I ABSOLUTELY agree -- Because our community has drastically increased in size we are running into an issue with the comments loading slowly. The good news is our engineers will be updating our community in the next few months which will drastically speed up that portion. (Yay! :-D)

I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying the surveys, discussions and activities. I am also glad to hear you've been able to redeem your points quickly for the Amazon rewards! We really did increase our # of points per activity this year to allow you to redeem rewards even quicker.

The good news is -- We've got some new reward features coming up soon as well. So you'll be able to use your points to redeem a variety of all-new upcoming gift cards.

Thanks again for your feedback! And see ya in there 8)

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, sandraw said:

I am sorry to hear that Kris. As I said, we are expanding and will have more people working to help manage out the emails and discussions soon. We are small team but we are getting there!! However, I do completely understand.

If you have any further questions, you know my email :-D

I really appreciate all your feedback - You truly have helped us make a difference and if you ever decide to come back please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Sandra

Sandra,

I have been waiting for these supposed changes for months now and written you directly about the nonexistent changes. Most recently I wrote to you about misleading emails that promised the surveys were for improvements. You have not replied. So I giving up on you and will write to the C Level about you and how poorly the panel is run. 

Kris

On 1/1/2018 at 9:26 PM, schludermann said:

Sandra,

I have been waiting for these supposed changes for months now and written you directly about the nonexistent changes. Most recently I wrote to you about misleading emails that promised the surveys were for improvements. You have not replied. So I giving up on you and will write to the C Level about you and how poorly the panel is run. 

Kris

Kris,

I am sorry to hear you have not enjoyed the new surveys and activities. We did certainly increase our live discussions and surveys quite drastically (especially within the last few months). We also did increase the number of points for all our surveys as well.

It also seems like I haven't received any emails from you. I did talk to my colleagues - who are also involved in responding to emails - as well. Can you confirm that you are emailing [email protected]?  If yes, please feel free to send us a new email and add a 'marker' at the top. I will keep my eyes out for your email.

I am truly sorry you haven't had a good experience with us and completely understand your frustration. If you decide to remain with us on Expert Outpost, I certainly will continue to do my best to offer you more activities and surveys in the future.

Regards,
Sandra

On 12/13/2016 at 10:59 AM, sandraw said:

Hi all!!

My name is Sandra, and I am one of the key moderators on Expert Outpost.

Thank you so much for your feedback above. I certainly agree there are areas that we need to expand on, and I'm excited that many of our 'Experts' (As we like to call ourselves) are going to see some amazing changes in 2017.

• We are InMoment.  So I see a lot of confusion behind 'Toluna' and 'InMoment'.  As the administrator mentioned, we are actually part of InMoment and our jobs are simple. Work with individuals to understand what more brands can do to help us enhance your future experience with them. 

Toluna is our technology sponsor. They help us expand our technology offerings so that you are able to complete fun and quick activities (and also earn more rewards, of course). They help us think outside the box, if you will.

• More Rewards. Yes, this is something we are working on at the moment (no pun intended). Expert Outpost only started 6 months, so we really had to start small. BUT because of the tremendous feedback we received from our Experts, we will be;

• Increase our daily points pretty drastically.
    • Increase our offerings to include $10 rewards. Yay!!

• Registration. At the moment, unfortunately, we are a closed registration. However, if you are interested to join - Please do contact me on [email protected] and we can certainly talk.

Thanks Y'all. I'm here to answer any other questions! :-)

Sandra

I’ve sent several e-mails to you and Tango asking what happened to the $5 Tango/Amazon e-card I was supposed to receive when I redeemed my 5000 points on 12/20/17.  I’m still waiting, 19 days later.

On 1/8/2018 at 3:05 PM, OldGrayMare said:

I’ve sent several e-mails to you and Tango asking what happened to the $5 Tango/Amazon e-card I was supposed to receive when I redeemed my 5000 points on 12/20/17.  I’m still waiting, 19 days later.

Hi OldGrayMare,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. Can you send me a new email with the title 'TANGO CARD?' and let me ask our team to contact and work with them directly to get it to you ASAP.

Again, I am so sorry for the delay. We are certainly on it!

Sandra