avoiding disqualification?

biggdonn101

I have started 21 surveys today. I was disqualified from 17 of them, in a couple of cases after quite a few questions, but most after only some qualifiers. Of the other 4, I completed 3, and abandoned one after it was apparent I would be spending hours on it for 80 cents. My question is- has anyone used the "prefer not to answer" box much with any success?  As I am now a bit older and retired, I am wondering if I am being dq a lot due to age or work status. Just not sure if the "prefer not to answer" box helps or hurts on qualifying.

• Like 1

I imagine preferring not to answer is just an automatic disqualification, though I don't actually have proof, but why would they want to allow people in that they don't know the demographics of?

Too many DQs in a row is why I stopped doing work for GTM/OO/etc, unless I'd exhausted everything else and was really bored. I agree, it's super irritating to be disqualified for a dozen surveys in a row. And I'm the perfect demographic for a lot of things (mid-30s and working full time), and I still get a jillion DQs in a row most of the time. So much nicer working for sites that only send you surveys they already know you qualify for. (Or at least, ones where you get paid a reasonable amount for each DQ, which is why every so often, I'll go clear my whole queue on socialopinions, which pays 10 cents per DQ, though they certainly take their sweet time to pay those, but they do eventually.)

• Like 1

1) some sites are waste of time you get dq often

2) i never answer prefer not to say put any answer is better then answering prefer not to say

no way to totally avoid dqs i basically signed up lot sites then narrow it down to best few

try Pinecone research also never been dq there

After I reach cashout I am slowly unsubscribing from surveys that need point accumulation. I am experiencing more disqualifications after lengthy prelims and much less points when finally rewarded. Also, tired of the same prelim questions because survey company does not keep profiles on file. If they had to pay you for disqualified they would be more responsible. The only survey company I recommend is Pinecone which pays for each survey and has your profile on file. Their prelims are short and to the point and separate from the survey. Then they decide to send you the survey. I have NEVER been disqualified.  Eventually I will only keep Pinecone and a few survey companies that pay for each survey. All the others are frivolous, unfortunately downgraded. 

I have been disqualified from a Pinecone survey so to say it doesn't happen is not accurate.However they are so rare and minimal that it doesn't count.Same with you gov,decision research is another one I really like I don't hear from them often but when I do I always complete it and get paid.I am usually paid $6 cash to Pay Pal for a 30 minute survey.Takes them about 3 or so days to pay .I don't mind survey sites that only call on me randomly and I don't get disqualified - as long as the money is in my account and I get to cash out at least once per year that's okay.I would rather do that then try ,try and try some more only to be disqualified.Ya I think my chances of qualifying for surveys will get slimmer once my 16 year old is 18.

• Like 1

Put it this way. 1 essential thing to do on all surveys is answer honestly throughout whenever it is possible to give an answer.

Believe it or not, 99.9% of disqualifications (on the good survey sites that tailor surveys to you according to your profile) are because for that specific survey, the quota was already filled, however it hadn't flushed out of the system. So no matter what answers you gave, at some point in the survey it would disqualify you regardless

• Like 1

Yeah  one site in particular has been doing it to me ,My survey  then even ones I thought I finished they  end on a technical error ,I am seriously  thinking of getting rid  of them even though I have been with them the longest .I have currently 4 open messages  and they are over a week old .I cashed out as best as I could still have a few points and a lot of surveys sitting there ,but I think I am done . Pinecone is awesome and now that the Pillsbury site is now working more than it ever has I like that one also .You get amazon credits but they build up  fast . 

On 12/6/2016 at 0:19 PM, biggdonn101 said:

I have started 21 surveys today. I was disqualified from 17 of them, in a couple of cases after quite a few questions, but most after only some qualifiers. Of the other 4, I completed 3, and abandoned one after it was apparent I would be spending hours on it for 80 cents. My question is- has anyone used the "prefer not to answer" box much with any success?  As I am now a bit older and retired, I am wondering if I am being dq a lot due to age or work status. Just not sure if the "prefer not to answer" box helps or hurts on qualifying.

I'm 67 and do many surveys but also get DQ on some. Many things decide if you will finish a survey or not. Where you live, male or female how much you make a year. There really isn't any one thing that will disqualify  you. It all depends on what the company is looking for so be honest and keep trying.

I agree with many other folks on here. I would slowly start to stray away from those annoying survey sites that DQ often without giving you any incentive. Survey sites that you will never DQ from are Pinecone, Paid Viewpoint, Instant Cash Sweepstakes, the regular daily polls on Tellwut, and Amazon Mechanical Turk. I am planning on dropping most of those annoying Cint sites soon. I think if more folks joined together by boycotting these well known DQ sites that offer you no incentive, things change for the best. 

• Like 1

Maybe if some of these sites which DQ you such a high % of the time stop getting participants, they will find a way to stop disqualifying people so often, or to stop sending surveys which they know you will not qualify for.

The worst is when you complete half or more of the survey only to get DQ'd. The survey has a quota, for how many of a certain demographic they need. And when they reach that, you can sometimes just be kicked out, even if you've spent considerable time on the survey. I will actually email the survey site and complain about this, and more often than not, they will compensate me SOMETHING. I watch the progress bar, and if I've done roughly half, or more, of the survey, I will let them know. Many of them will reward you for your time, even if it's not the full amount. It's worth it, sometimes, to make that extra step and say something.