Days When You Just Don't Feel Like Doing Surveys?

cricket

I wonder if anyone has days when you get a lot of invitations but are just too lazy. You know you could make money but just don't care and feel you want a break. I have been getting like that lately and it especially happens after a few disqualifications. Do you force yourself to go on or give yourself a break? I use psychology on myself like saying "That's why they call it WORK" and pretend I am at a job but it doesn't work for me lately.

I am retired and need this money, even if it's $10 a day, it adds up monthly. Any advice as to how you psych yourself when you feel like this?

• Like 3

Wow kedswar, that is a valuable page, I had never seen it! Going to take my time reading all of the categories. Very helpful!! That you so much! And thanks beare :-)

• Like 1

I would just pick & choose through your surveys..I'm on some many different sites that my email inbox gets loaded during the day with invites..I would stick with your best survey companies & ditch others that are pointless..ones that take forever to cash out...or especially those grid surveys that take forever to do..I just delete them & not even bother completing them at all...I'm getting tons of invites from GTM lately..some are better than others..plus alot of Pinecone which is great since they always pay up 

This is me. Seriously. I've got survey burnout. :( 

I've been doing this since early 2008. I'm not quitting but I have certainly slowed down and am giving myself time to breathe. No hurry here anymore. No rush. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, cricket said:

I wonder if anyone has days when you get a lot of invitations but are just too lazy. You know you could make money but just don't care and feel you want a break. I have been getting like that lately and it especially happens after a few disqualifications. Do you force yourself to go on or give yourself a break? I use psychology on myself like saying "That's why they call it WORK" and pretend I am at a job but it doesn't work for me lately.

I am retired and need this money, even if it's $10 a day, it adds up monthly. Any advice as to how you psych yourself when you feel like this?

I get burned out a lot I have days when after a couple hours I'm done especially when you are getting a lot of DQ.Right now I'm a little limited as what I can do because my computer decided not to kick on the other day my daughter will look at it when she comes down Christmas Eve but I have the feeling it's dead. So right now I know I have been doing the surveys I can on my smartphone.

• Like 1

Been that way the last few days where they keep coming and coming. When I finally get tired of doing them I quit and delete what is left. I've been getting like 30 to 40 a day which is crazy!

• Like 1

I often take a break from surveys or only do certain panels, some I just don't do until the weekend or it's a slow day. lately I find I don't want to take surveys after a certain hour even if I just started and hour ago. Sometimes and this is happening a lot lately, when I get cheated out of my reward I don't take  surveys from that panel for a few days.  Lately I just don't want to take surveys.

I also find myself slacking off after I cash out a lot of survey panels within a few days which happen about every 3 months.  Sometimes I wonder if I would still take surveys if I get a job.

• Like 1

when you get tired just toss out the ones you know aren't worth as much of your time.. like the OO 50 cent ones (unless they're for a few minutes)..  or if it's a boring topic like finance or cars..  like others, I just aim for 5 or even 10 dollars a day.. it doesn't seem like much but multiply that by 300 or so over the course of a year..  it's tough for me also because i'm like those who started this around 08' when the pay was better..  it's hard to feel satisfied when you know they're giving you less for the same thing..

• Like 2

I try to weed thru the ones I know will pay and ones that give me a trouble.It's all dependent on my mood and how much time I'm willing to squander that seems to be  my biggest dilemma- but ya burn out is inevitable - a lot of times I feel like it's a big waste of time trying to qualify .I have to make myself walk away.But finding out that I have lost my job of 25 years beginning next year kinda makes you sit thru all the bull.It helps me to afford buying gifts for others which is getting rather tiring.There has to be a reward for myself at the end at some point,right?Sorry - it does get tough when you work harder for less.I'm rambling -sorry but at times I feel like I've been doing this so long it's like a job that just wont go away and I cant seem to walk away from.

• Like 1

$5 a day?  I would have to jump around the room and shout "woot! woot!" if I ever did $5  in a day.  LOL!  I just plug away at them.  I might get 1 for every 20 that I try, unless it's Pinecone.  I didn't feel like doing them yesterday but there was a Pinecone that I could do and then I just cut it off.  I didn't even get any Swagbucks.  I am not making my goal there but maybe once a week.  I can't seem to qualify there much now.  I think age, child's age, etc. come into play on that.  Oh well.  I am tired of the Financial surveys.  I gots no money so they don't need me.  :)

• Like 2

Rather forcing your self doing what you don't fee like doing and wasting your time. You should learn something else. I don't understand why would you want to earn only $10 and most of the time people don't get $10 day from surveys. I suggest that you visit this page. If you follow the instruction, then you will get success. It's get rich in one night or month but it will bring financial freedom. I started reviewing survey site to help people and make them aware of scams and time wasting activities, like surveys. I know you get paid to take surveys, but it's not enough. I really hope you get my point. 

Edited by ksedwar
Link removed. Please don't promote websites like they will make us rich. They won't.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to at least take the surveys that have been e-mailed to me on a daily basis, guess it's just become part of my 'mail routine'.   Beyond that, I may or may not pursue taking other surveys on sites that offer them (lHarris Poll or Future Talkers only seem to allow you to complete one or two a day, while OO has several) depending on mood or how bad I want to get a little extra cash.  And of course there have been times when I was in the middle of a survey and suddenly decided to heck with this, had enough of these repetitive questions and do I really need the money or points that bad?

• Like 2