Opinion Outpost Change in Terms

penangel

Have the rest of you seen the change in terms of service for Opinion Outpost?   I just read it again to be sure I hadn't misunderstood last week... and I hadn't.   That's a mighty high cash-out threshold, isn't it?   Or maybe other survey places do that and I just haven't found them yet?  If you've been using it, will you continue?

3 hours ago, JD said:

Is there an email I missed? I won't start up OO until 1/1 so have been deleting all their emails of late.

Yep, there is. I missed it too, I've been totally ignoring OO pretty much indefinitely anyway, as they were teetering just on the edge of worthwhile pay for a while, and I feel like recently had gone more towards the "not" side of things. I dug up said email from the pit it was thrown in, and it is... worrisome in both its thrust, and its distinct vagueness. The relevant piece:

7. The minimum points or dollars redemption threshold is the equivalent of Fifty United States Dollars ($50). Unless there is a lower redemption option available, if you do not satisfy the foregoing threshold, you will not have a redemption option under SSI’s rewards program. SSI reserves the right to provide reward options with lower minimum redemption thresholds without prior notice to, or consent from, you.

So... the minimum redemption is now 50 dollars, unless it isn't, which there may or may not be at any point? There is no way I would ever trust OO to hold onto more than 10 dollars of my time-given-to-it-in-exchange-for-money. That said, there does appear to be a $10 redemption option at the moment, and it was always the case that they reserved the right to do whatever the heck they felt like, redemption-program-wise, up to and including tossing all your points at their whim, so that doesn't really change anything except to make things more confusing...? Why mention an explicit numeric minimum that... isn't actually? Reminds me of those ads advertising "up to 25% off, or more!"

Yes, it's $50 now... and that's upsetting.   I've read these replies and I think I've been lucky to not have had any issues with OO.  I've cashed out paypal every time I hit the $10 and the transfer was always immediate.  It didn't take long to reach cash-out and it was fast becoming one of my favorties.. but now this.  :-(      I will have a very hard time ever thinking waiting for $50 cash-out would be wise.  Drat, I liked that place so there  goes what was a steady $20-$30 a month.

iPoll also announced new terms last week. Their minimum for cashing will likewise be going up to $50 and if I understood correctly, any points not claimed within one year will expire. I won't be using either site anymore with this terms - I don't want to risk building up a significant balance and then losing it.

13 hours ago, rsmt25 said:

iPoll also announced new terms last week. Their minimum for cashing will likewise be going up to $50 and if I understood correctly, any points not claimed within one year will expire. I won't be using either site anymore with this terms - I don't want to risk building up a significant balance and then losing it.

That's what my issue is.... I wouldn't mind waiting so much if there'd be a guarantee I'd *get* my earnings.  But I've been around the 'net for a long time and I've seen people getting burned constantly by doing that.    Can't claw and scratch my way to $45 and hear that they're closing down or something.  This is way drastic.... maybe a doubling to $20 would have been tolerable, but I"m not even sure about that one.

I have been thinking of dropping them because of so many disqualifications and also sometimes doing a survey and not getting the points - even after emailing them.  So this is probably a good time for me to leave since I just cashed out and have zero points right now.

not sure their motive at least with Amazon codes as Amazon provides them everything to distribute the codes free of charge..  no need to increase the cash out mark..  paypal I could see but not Amazon..

On 12/27/2016 at 4:38 PM, penangel said:

Have the rest of you seen the change in terms of service for Opinion Outpost?   I just read it again to be sure I hadn't misunderstood last week... and I hadn't.   That's a mighty high cash-out threshold, isn't it?   Or maybe other survey places do that and I just haven't found them yet?  If you've been using it, will you continue?

The threshold has not changed. Read what it says carefully.

7. The minimum points or dollars redemption threshold is the equivalent of Fifty United States Dollars ($50). Unless there is a lower redemption option available, if you do not satisfy the foregoing threshold, you will not have a redemption option under SSI’s rewards program. SSI reserves the right to provide reward options with lower minimum redemption thresholds without prior notice to, or consent from, you.

So you can get $10 redemption for Paypal.

On 12/28/2016 at 6:09 PM, rsmt25 said:

be sure to keep track of how much you do with Ipoll and include it with others like Opinion Outpost.. SSI which owns OO bought out Ipoll so they're now both SSI.