I'm not a bot.

Cliche01

Is it just me or are more and more surveys sticking in some kind of question to make sure you aren't a bot, sometimes even in the middle of the survey itself where it will tell you to select a certain answer?  Is there some kind of rise in bot abuse as far as surveys are concerned I'm not aware of?  It just seems to be a bit of overkill at times...I mean I had one of those select the boxes ones the other day that had me go through it 3-4 times selecting store fronts.

• Like 1

Blame it on the Russians!! Some of it goes beyond what seems necessary. One survey company has the storefront thing and then the 6 question "practice" survey as part of the non-bot validation. Definitely seems like overkill.

• Like 2

I really like when you spend 2-3 minutes playing "I am not a bot" and then you are disqualified!  I actually think they have bots writing some of these surveys, you know, the ones where you answered that you didn't buy something and then they asked you how much you paid for it?  Completely unanswerable questions.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2017 at 1:57 AM, JD said:

Blame it on the Russians!! Some of it goes beyond what seems necessary. One survey company has the storefront thing and then the 6 question "practice" survey as part of the non-bot validation. Definitely seems like overkill.

Definite overkill. Several sites are now using Google's reCAPTCHA ("I'm not a robot") in order to access customer service! I can see some sort of extra security on some surveys , but not to contact CS or even access your own account.