Vindale:Deceptive, Risky and Lame, Attrocious customer service

schludermann

I tried Vindale for a short while and discontinued in a hurry. While the reward and payout process did not dissuade me from exploring them, the undocumented need for a credit card did.

The complexity of having to go back and unsubscribe from the results of a survey to prevent future charges is unethical in my opinion. I stopped after I participated in a lender survey because it resulted in a hard inquiry on my credit report. I've been interacting with Vindale customer service for a month over this, to just see what they are about. I eventually expect to file a complaint with the New York Attorney General about their practices, I actually informed them I intend to do this and there has been no response. The people staffing the customer service are evasive and take at least 11 days to respond.  I looked up Vindale on BBB and they have many more complaints than reviews, They do uniformly respond to surveys they like but are less diligent for complaints.  I suggest you add  yours too.

Yep.  At the time I joined I would need $50 to cashout.  I wasn't interested in spending money to make a couple of bucks.  I did the surveys and I quickly found out that that money expires, fast.  I couldn't get past a few dollars and then I couldn't qualify for anything, and tada!  my money earned had expired.  I saw them pretty much as scum.  Horrible company!  Stay away.  I think I have heard a couple of people on here who had success with them.  But most hadn't. 

• 3 months later...

I totally concur.  They have recently started dq'ing me after I have completed the whole survey.  When I contacted customer support I rec'd a very curt email stating basically, tough you screened out.  When I replied back to that recanting the ENTIRE survey that I had completed, she then asked for the survey #.  Um, a little to late for that.  I'm done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, extraclass7 said:

I totally concur.  They have recently started dq'ing me after I have completed the whole survey.  When I contacted customer support I rec'd a very curt email stating basically, tough you screened out.  When I replied back to that recanting the ENTIRE survey that I had completed, she then asked for the survey #.  Um, a little to late for that.  I'm done.

Good luck getting your $ from them.  There was someone on here who was saying that he/she made money with Vindale.  I cannot figure out how.  What a mess they are.

You should never have to spend money to earn money when doing surveys.It's gotta be like one of the first rules or pieces of advice for doing them. I'm sure there is away around their policies to earn money.However I do not have the patients,resources or wherewithal to try and figure all that out.It's probably along the lines of extreme couponing which means  there has to be  a way to do it but really is it worth it in the long run?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I earned 3 payouts from Vindale doing surveys only. The first $50 check went through fine.  The second check mysteriously vanished in the mail. While waiting for an explanation for the second check I earned another payout, so I requested to have it sent to my Paypal account. They refused, saying it was "at their discretion". No reason, nothing. I asked then for a check which I deposited and it promptly bounced costing me $25. I never did get an explanation for the "lost" check and never got a response about the bounced check. So, out of the $150 I EARNED, I got a net $25 plus a lot of aggravation.

• 1 year later...

I know I'm late to this thread. But I tried looking for a place to leave a review on Vindale with this site and for some reason it's not listed for leaving reviews. A few months or more ago I tried logging into my account after not being active on it for a long time and found they deactivated me from inactivity. So I tried emailing them to get them to reactivate me... I was supposed to receive an email from them to confirm reactivation... but it never came through. I tried clicking again and again to resend it. Nothing ever came through. I sent customer service a message but they never responded to that either. So I don't know if they blocked my email or what. I checked to make sure I didn't somehow block them and I didn't find their email on my block list. So I don't know what gives. I gave up. I didn't have much with them, probably ~$15, never got up to cashing out even once. But that's really lousy. It's a thumbs down from me. 

17 hours ago, gothicnaturefreak said:

I know I'm late to this thread. But I tried looking for a place to leave a review on Vindale with this site and for some reason it's not listed for leaving reviews. A few months or more ago I tried logging into my account after not being active on it for a long time and found they deactivated me from inactivity. So I tried emailing them to get them to reactivate me... I was supposed to receive an email from them to confirm reactivation... but it never came through. I tried clicking again and again to resend it. Nothing ever came through. I sent customer service a message but they never responded to that either. So I don't know if they blocked my email or what. I checked to make sure I didn't somehow block them and I didn't find their email on my block list. So I don't know what gives. I gave up. I didn't have much with them, probably ~$15, never got up to cashing out even once. But that's really lousy. It's a thumbs down from me. 

You can always leave a review on sitejabber.com. Sitejabber gets a lot more traffic than here.

• 1 year later...

Another late reply, following up on my previous comment on this thread it turned out I did accidentally block their email address. I didn't realize it, some of the emails I got from their legit email address had nothing to do with surveys or their site, it was spam/scam type of junk. I can't remember what they said but it's the type of stuff that you'd usually find in the spam folder. Someone on a different thread talking about Vindale mentioned the same thing. Maybe the email address was being spoofed or something but it's a weird coincidence. I blocked it without realizing they were coming from a legit email address. 

I had thought of trying them again but after reading this thread (again, apparently I forgot about it) and others, yeah I don't think so. How were they able to do a hard inquiry on you? That's what really bothers me. That and requiring a credit card? No thanks. Another person saying their checks got lost or bounced, don't need that either, yikes! I still wonder why they aren't listed on this site to leave a review and rating, I find that strange since it covers so many of them.