Opinion Outpost _ I give up, did you?

cricket

On 6/1/2017 at 2:40 PM, Avemaria92 said:

took 2 weeks for them to reply to me.. they took my info and now i'm waiting for account review..

I got mine back on.. here was their reply..

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we were addressing your account concern. We value your opinion and are glad to let you know we have reactivated your account.

We are happy to inform you that your account has been restored after a thorough review by our Accounts Department. Your membership was temporarily suspended for your protection as our system detected recent activity from an unrecognized device and/or location, which was identified as a potential take-over of your account.  Since you have been able to verify your account information and confirm activity from your account, our Accounts department has reactivated your account.

Now that your account has been reactivated, please remember to access your account and surveys on the device and location where you registered.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

On the device AND location where you registered? You have to be kidding. Location maybe. What if you moved? What if you bought a new device or have more than one you can use?

Glad you were able to get it restored.

aaaaaaand it's frozen again...   I think what they gave me was a bs answer given the number of people having problems.. I did $10 in surveys since it came back on and cashed out... 2 days later it's frozen again...

Hi,

I've been doing surveys with Opinion Post since May 1, 2017.  I have made $100.00.  I have not had any problems except this last time when I went to redeem my points for my last $10, I was given an error and kicked out.  When I went back to sign in, this message:

Your account has been frozen due to data concerns. For questions, please, contact [email protected]., and could not redeem the last of my points, so I sent an e-mail to them.  Then  I called their office (877) 254-1234 .  I was told by the CS that I would have to leave a message with another area and give the details so I did that.  Short after I received my $10 for my 100 points.  I am still waiting for my account to be reinstated.

I do remember having a few problems as time went on, like all of a sudden in one survey toward the end, one of questions screen only loaded half of the screen.  I tried to reload the screen and was taken back to the first screen of the survey, then went to the survey history screen where it was listed as not finished and tried again.  Maybe this caused a problem.

Any comments?

On 2/12/2017 at 1:59 PM, Cliche01 said:

I'm still with them, and other than the point value of the surveys going down in general, can't say I've noticed that much difference in being disqualified.  OO has always been known for this BS, surveys that have you fill out 20 pages or so and then suddenly say it's full or that you don't qualify even after going through most of the survey. 

Thankyou I thought it was just me!  I was just giving them 1 more try, ended up getting chosen about an hour ago lol.

On 2/12/2017 at 1:59 PM, Cliche01 said:

I'm still with them, and other than the point value of the surveys going down in general, can't say I've noticed that much difference in being disqualified.  OO has always been known for this BS, surveys that have you fill out 20 pages or so and then suddenly say it's full or that you don't qualify even after going through most of the survey. 

I am assuming there is no governing body that covers 'survey taking'.   I feel the same way, I can see needing 2 or 3'pages but not 10 plus.  I am guessing it's my age since I'm on the wrong side of forty.

3 hours ago, DebiK said:

I am assuming there is no governing body that covers 'survey taking'.   I feel the same way, I can see needing 2 or 3'pages but not 10 plus.  I am guessing it's my age since I'm on the wrong side of forty.

There was a guy on here from Crowdology surveys a year or two ago answering questions for a week or so. There is an (marketing?) association that sets standards for surveys. One is that no survey should be longer than 25 minutes. He said that clients of surveys can ignore their recommendations.

49 minutes ago, JD said:

There was a guy on here from Crowdology surveys a year or two ago answering questions for a week or so. There is an (marketing?) association that sets standards for surveys. One is that no survey should be longer than 25 minutes. He said that clients of surveys can ignore their recommendations.

The name of the organization is CASRO, and JD is right that they set the guidelines for the companies to follow, but the companies do not always follow them.

it's not the length that's the problem it's the pay rate for the time..  a few years ago before Surveyhead was bought out by SSI we had one of their reps always posting on here.. she said they try to keep surveys to at least $1 for 10 minutes, no less than that..  shortly after that Ipoll bought them out and it went down from there... then SSI bought them and it's just become a joke since..

• Like 1

well i'm back on again... got the same canned reply though..

Thank you for your patience while we were addressing your account concern. We value your opinion and are glad to let you know we have reactivated your account.

We are happy to inform you that your account has been restored after a thorough review by our Accounts Department. Your membership was temporarily suspended for your protection as our system detected recent activity from an unrecognized device and/or location, which was identified as a potential take-over of your account.  Since you have been able to verify your account information and confirm activity from your account, our Accounts department has reactivated your account.

Now that your account has been reactivated, please remember to access your account and surveys on the device and location where you registered.

*** It will take at least 24 hours for your account to be fully reactivated.

Kind regards,

Arianne

I was with Opinion Outpost for years, and just a few months ago I noticed I was being disqualified more and more, and then out of the blue, my account was frozen for "data concerns". Super ironic, because I'm a data analyst. My guess is that "data concerns" = "you've earned enough from us".

• Like 1

I was doing really good with Opinion Outpost till they froze my account!! I have called them sent them e-mails and everything else I can think of!! This makes the second time they have done this! This time they did it right when I sent for $10!! Makes me mad!! I need the money being a single parent!!

I got the same email when my account was recently defrosted :D.

The 1 which says "Now that your account has been reactivated, please remember to access your account and surveys on the device and location where you registered."

That's just silly for them though. I can understand if someone claims to be in the UK but is really in France or somewhere, but realistically as well as their own surveys, they offer surveys on 3rd party platforms. These 3rd party platform surveys don't care weather someone takes the survey at home, a friends house or even on their tablet in a town centre. They only care about someone being honest and that their data is accurate.

I personally don't believe my account was even frozen due to the location. 

I had an account with another SSI site (opinion world) as well as an account with OO. Recently I got a new email address and changed it on my OO account (but not opinion world as I forgot I even had an account with them). Barely a few days later my OO account was frozen.

When they resolved this problem, my OpinionWorld account email was also changed to my new email address.

So I don't believe it was even a location problem, but more down to 2 different email addresses which flagged both accounts. Hopefully it doesn't happen again