Opinion Outpost _ I give up, did you?

cricket

• 4 weeks later...

My account for Opinion Outpost was frozen due to data concerns and my Opinion World account was terminated because they claim I broke a rule. This just happened because I was able to get into both websites just a few days ago. I sent emails to both panels but will not hold my breath waiting for replies. I have belonged to both panels for many years over 5 I think and wonder why they are doing this.  And I complete very few surveys for Opinion World and as far as Opinion Outpost goes I went through periods where I could complete a lot of surveys and other times when I couldn't complete many at all. I am not sure why these panels do this. I have always believed that once you earn so much money a panel might decide to terminate you. This also happened to me with My Survey about a year or so ago. Panels can terminate their members without having a reason. Saying someone broke a rule or there being data concerns sounds like a cop out  and unless they give you more specifics it does raise a red flag.   

I went through some old Survey Police posts which refreshed my memory that I had an issue with the SSI panels back in 2012. Back then it was PCH online surveys which is now shut down, Opinion Outpost, Opinion World and Survey Spot. All of them except Survey Spot agreed to reinstate my accounts.I remember back then I had to go to the BBB to get the money that was in my Survey Spot account which was something like 9.00 if I recall. Opinion Outpost I believe I have belonged to this panel for about 10 years. They were one of the first panels I joined back when I started doing surveys. My Survey which back then was Lightspeed and Toluna were also two of my original panels. But My Survey dropped me about a year ago and despite numerous emails I couldn't get any response from them as to why. A lot of people don't like Toluna but for me they have been a consistent good payer. They have a large inventory of surveys and most days I can do at least 1 or 2. I can usually do a 30.00 cash out about every 6-8 weeks.

But why do these panels do what they do? Drop long time members because of data concerns without giving any specifics. That is why I believe they may drop members after they earn so much money. Opinion Outpost in particular I have earned quite a bit of money from them over the years. Opinion World I earn very little money from them yet they terminate my account.  .

None of this makes any sense does it? I think the biggest negative is now from the other panels I belong to I am blocked from all SSI surveys. Look at this logically. Why suddenly after belonging to these panels for so many years would I start giving false information?

I also don't like the way they did it. Wouldn't a courtesy  email be nice? I found out when I tried to log into my accounts and a message came up. My Survey did the same thing. A lot of these panels feel they owe their members absolutely nothing. I guess my only consolation is this seems to happen to a lot of people so it isn't just me.

• Like 1

I have been with OO for a few years and they used to be good I made quite a bit of money now I get disqualified most of the time after answering a lot of questions . To be fair last year I tried to log on and my account was frozen I e-mailed and was told that they noticed that their invites were going to my spam or being deleted they let me log on again and another time I spent a lot of time on one survey and I e-mailed them with the survey number and was told that they knew how long I had taken with the survey and they paid me but now I hardly ever qualify I thought it was due to my complaining so I think I will now cash out and not waste my time with them, but I had started to notice that their points were a lot less than they used to be for surveys.

• Like 1

2015 I used to get a decent payout from them. Then increasingly longer screeners that disqualified me from the full survey. End of 2016  they kicked me out of the system saying that my personal information was suspicious. I am not sure what is up with OO, but something is very wrong.

I cashed out on ipoll, so glad I did that and then did a survey for surveyspot, completed it and went to my account to find my account has been locked.Then checked OO and found it was locked. Sent them emails but not holding my breath. I wonder if the cash out triggered something. I just went through this problem with them a month or so ago. They reinstated my accounts but doubt they will this time.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, Vickie said:

My account was frozen for data concerns.  They are not telling me why.  It has been weeks.  Need to let me at least know what the problem is. As far as I know, I have not done anything wrong.

same thing happened to me a couple months back. they never would give me exact details of why. but I did get reinstated.

It hasn't been one of the best in a couple years, though. I mean, it keeps getting worse, but it was already "ok at best" as of a year ago. I do agree, there was a time when it was amazing - a couple years ago, when I found this hobby, I was cashing out on OO almost once a week, with very casual use. That lasted maybe a few months before pay started dropping, and DQs started going up. It'd always been super buggy though.

Still pretty amusing that they're the same company that runs Quick Thoughts, one of the few places left I still generally get paid a reasonable amount (their surveys are fixed at $2 a survey regardless of the length of the survey. Well, $2 in Amazon credit, but still.)

I had a similar experience.  After several years my account was terminated.  I too was told that I had violated their terms.  Naturally it happened when I tried to cash out.  Fortunately, I cashed out regularly so I didn't lose too many points.

This seems like criminal theft on Opinion Outpost's part and should be reported to the authorities.  They shouldn't be allowed to purge a bunch of panelists when they are running low on funds and steal the money we earned with our time and effort.  If they want to get rid of me - fine - but give me the money you owe me before you do so.