Do You Agree

somelady

I hate it when surveys ask for your full address, they never tell you what they will do with it. Sometimes I think they may go on one of those sites that will show you satellite photos of addresses and I don't want them looking at my property. What ever they do with it it helps them make money just like the surveys we take and get very little compensation for.

Today I took the welcome survey at Springboard, in the middle or near the end they asked for this info so they can give it to companies. They had an option to not give it and I chose not to, but the whole idea does not sit well with me.

They always give you the option to make comments about the surveys after you finish them.

This was my comment today, Do you agree with this?

Companies that want your full address should pay for that info, they use it like they use other survey info and we don't know what they do with it. They should pay us at least $50 for it because it benefits them to have this information and does not benefit us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, somelady said:

I hate it when surveys ask for your full address, they never tell you what they will do with it. Sometimes I think they may go on one of those sites that will show you satellite photos of addresses and I don't want them looking at my property. What ever they do with it it helps them make money just like the surveys we take and get very little compensation for.

Today I took the welcome survey at Springboard America, in the middle or near the end they asked for this info so they can give it to companies. They had an option to not give it and I chose not to, but the whole idea does not sit well with me.

They always give you the option to make comments about the surveys after you finish them.

This was my comment today, Do you agree with this?

Companies that want your full address should pay for that info, they use it like they use other survey info and we don't know what they do with it. They should pay us at least $50 for it because it benefits them to have this information and does not benefit us.

I won't give name address or phone number. The company I do business has that and I won't give it to a third party survey.

I'm not comfortable doing that either- you know how they make us sign waivers that we wont give out information on a product that we are about to see?Well then we should also have a waiver stating that the company will not use our address to their benefit or that it will not be sold to any  3rd party entities.I truly believe they sell this info to outside interest.There has to be something in it for them to do it or why else would they  ask us for this info?I use to then it seemed I was getting a lot of scam phone calls so I stopped.

• Like 1

I agree that if surveys claim to be anonymous, there is no reason they should be asking for things like your address, phone number, full name and so on.  What I've done is simply put in a fake address, or one that I know is real but isn't mine as some surveys can tell whether a location is real.  Sure, it's a bit underhanded, but so is having a person take a survey, then suddenly ask for such info.   I like the getting paid extra for it, though.