Firefox and GTM

paulgro

Seems Firefox has updated it's security feature once again and GTM is not excepted using Firefox. If you're having trouble with GTM like I did, that was the problem. Use a different browser and you will be able to do surveys there and get into your account.

• Like 1

Just today I tried to access about 5 Surveys thru Firefox and not a one was accepted ,so I went to Microsoft and  only 2 of the 5 went thru.And I wasn't able to do either one- one was closed and the other was a mysurvey and I didn't want to do a survey that I may not get paid for.Not sure if that is the only problem they are having.Paulgro have you asked them about Firefox is this what they said happened or what?Because I have told them about this problem only for it to fall on deaf ears.Not sure what other browser I can use so any help with suggestions would be great.

2 hours ago, footfree said:

Just today I tried to access about 5 surveys thru Firefox and not a one was accepted ,so I went to Microsoft and  only 2 of the 5 went thru.And I wasn't able to do either one- one was closed and the other was a mysurvey and I didn't want to do a survey that I may not get paid for.Not sure if that is the only problem they are having.Paulgro have you asked them about Firefox is this what they said happened or what?Because I have told them about this problem only for it to fall on deaf ears.Not sure what other browser I can use so any help with suggestions would be great.

I haven't asked them anything because most times you can't get a straight answer from them. I switched to Vivaldi which is a cross between Opera and Chrome and I haven't had any problem since doing their surveys.

I did Chrome yesterday and was able to complete 3 surveys.Otherwise they would have kept spinning all day in the other browsers.Wonder why they don't let people know that most of their surveys are useless in Firefox and now even Microsoft.

12 hours ago, footfree said:

I did Chrome yesterday and was able to complete 3 surveys.Otherwise they would have kept spinning all day in the other browsers.Wonder why they don't let people know that most of their surveys are useless in Firefox and now even Microsoft.

They may not know about all the security Firefox wants now. It's really a Firefox thing not GTM from what I see.

8 hours ago, footfree said:

Maybe so, but if you know about it then the I.T. dept. at GTM should know about it.I mean isn't that their job to know what's going on?

It's not that simple since they will have surveys they write for all browsers but Firefox almost every other day does more on their security. I blame Firefox and not GTM for this mess. Security is one thing but Firefox is getting carried away.

I haven't had any problems with GTM lately, and Firefox is my preferred browser. Maybe try deleting cookies or run a cleaning software like CCleaner as a way to refresh your browser.

On 2/13/2017 at 2:12 PM, darkshadow0001 said:

Are you guys sure?  I've been doing surveys on Global Test Market with Firefox for months without any problems...

On 2/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, boomery said:

I haven't had any problems with GTM lately, and Firefox is my preferred browser. Maybe try deleting cookies or run a cleaning software like CCleaner as a way to refresh your browser.

I would say it depends on the version of Firefox you use. I use a beta version which they constantly update and found that a couple of weeks ago is when I couldn't get in any longer. I switched to Vivaldi and haven't had a problem since. Firefox has to tone down their security before the kill the browser.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 8:57 PM, footfree said:

Yes I'm sure, I just tried to access it thru Firefox today without any luck.

What time of day?  Because I was trying to access the site arouund the afternoon yesterday (EST), and I had trouble logging in, but no problems now.  I wonder if there is a huge time difference, isn't GTM Canadian based?  If so maybe that's why the site is down at times