American Consumer Opinion

trevorpee

Is anyone else having trouble getting paid by this outfit? I have two claims in and have been waiting for 14 and 9 weeks respectively. Payment was promised within 8 weeks, but when I made the more recent claim that had slipped to '8-12 weeks'.

• 1 month later...

Here I am still quietly seething, waiting for two approved payments now pending for 20 and 14 weeks respectively. Has anyone had a payment from this outfit recently?

Let's put it this way.... if you're using ACOP for a little extra Christmas shopping money, you better request payment by the 4th of July, so you can get the money by Turkey day! 

The ridiculous payments (and ridiculous excuses from their head office as to why they couldn't get their s**t together) was the main reason I dropped them. The surveys themselves weren't all that bad.

• Like 3

What surveys?? In the year and a half since I last cashed out , I have had 3-4 surveys. At least 95% of what comes from there are screeners.

They tell you to answer prequalifying questions and you'll get 15 points if you don't qualify. I did many, got dq'd and never, ever got 15 points. I quit them 2 years ago.

I cashed out for a check in February. I can't recall when I received it, but I know it wasn't in the last few weeks. So it had to have been no more than 6 weeks after requesting it. Some places will tell you payments can take 4-6 weeks. I don't recall ever NOT getting paid by them. I just cashed out again yesterday, so I'll try to remember to update when I get the check. 

A week after contacting ACOP I get this reply:

Our accounting department is aware that your payments are past due. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have an update on the timing of your payments.

Perhaps I'm a bad person, but this has done nothing to mollify me!

Waiting for payments from 11/18/16 (20 weeks) and 01/15/17 (only 11 1/2 weeks).  E-mailed them on 03/27, and got the standard "My apologies for any inconvenience the delay has caused you. Accounting is currently processing your payments. They are aware that it is past the established time frame and working very hard to catch up on delayed payments. We will e-mail once these have been sent."

They used to be very good about paying, back in 2010 to 2013.  Then, at the end of 2013, they just went straight to hell and are getting worse and worse.  I wonder, did they cut everyone but one person in the so called accounting department?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, trevorpee said:

A week after contacting ACOP I get this reply:

Our accounting department is aware that your payments are past due. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have an update on the timing of your payments.

Perhaps I'm a bad person, but this has done nothing to mollify me!

You nor anyone should Patiently wait for ACOP to pay you. ACOP started going downhill a couple of years ago and still use the same lame excuse that "it's their Accounting Department's fault..they're backed up or running late or on vacation or fill in the blanks and use any excuse possible and blame it on Accounting."  You have to keep Track of the Date you Requested Cash out and they will NEVER process it under 6 weeks. Ive waited anywhere from 12 weeks up to 5 months for my payments, using both Paypal and mailed check options and neither arrive any faster. Its Really sad because ACOP used to be one of the Best!

Now ACOP really is a sad shameful slow shadow of their prior super self.