American Consumer Opinion

trevorpee

An update on what led me to start this thread: I eventually received my two payments after 24 and 19 weeks respectively. What an incentive. 

Finally got two from November, January and February.  November was 25.57 weeks!  Wow, six months for a crappy $12!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

American Consumer takes their time to pay you.   They say 8 - 12 weeks and that is what they mean.

We should never have to wait for weeks to get paid.  This is NOT my favorite survey company.

Wanda in NC

The only way I was able to get my money from them last time (24 weeks and 13 weeks - they are so full of it when they say 8-12) was opening a complaint through the BBB because for whatever reason they respond to that immediately and I got my money within 3 days.  I tried contacting them directly multiple times and just kept getting the run around of "the accounting department is on it, we'll email you when it's sent, blah blah."  And the only reason I got that 13 week one when I did was because the payment said it had been approved in my account so I just added it to the complaint with the other one, otherwise, I'd still be waiting for it.

They pay the most per survey so it doesn't matter to me.. when it comes it comes.. it always does but it does take forever..

Like other people have said... they NEVER pay on time. I cashed out back in February and didn't get my check until June. It's like they don't want to pay you the money that you are owed. I wish they would speed up their payout. 

Has anyone else had their account closed due to "data concerns"? 

I can't log in and I  had a $50 paypal payment "pending"

• Like 1

I've been a member of ACO for a long time and typically the requested rewards do not arrive within the 12 week interval as promised.  Approximately 3 weeks ago I emailed them about the latest reward being in limbo status and received a reply that the accounting department was being notified and that I would be emailed when the funds were processed.  However I am concerned that now I too have the same issue as described by Shawn95187.  When I try to log in, I get a message telling me my log-in entry is incorrect.  I tried using the "forgot password" option to reset it but when I entered my user id, the next message said there was no such account and asked if I was sure I was registered!   I sent them an email about my "persona non grata" status but I don't really have much confidence in seeing a good outcome..

Well I finally got my check and it took 4 months to get it. Yes they do pay but takes forever for them to send it.

....and the saga just gets worse!   I first posted my tale of woe on Saturday about my ACO problems and today I got an email from them, telling me that my account was cancelled along with my pending payment.   They provided a list of reasons as to how one's account might be booted out but no clue as to why they dumped me specifically.  Maybe I violated their Terms & Conditions,  gave bogus information when I registered, created multiple accounts, was non-compliant, etc.  I've been a member for several years and never did any of that.  I find it suspicious that they saw fit to cancel my membership right in the middle of a pay-out.  Thankfully it was only $13 and change.  I wrote back and asked for more information but not holding my breath for any further communication from them.  The support team email address is now different and the company name is being presented as Decision Analyst Inc.  Perhaps ACO was taken over by another company or there's some reorganization behind all of this.  Whatever the cause, I would not recommend the site to anyone ever again and regret the times I have defended it.

Update 6/14/2017:    OCA sent me an email and said my account had been closed and payout denied because apparently I committed one of several possible infractions.  The first one suggested that I had given survey answers "unfit for inclusion" on 3 occasions.  I find that puzzling as I have not received any surveys from them for a very long time (except for a few which I completed and received reward points so they must have been "fit" enough).  For months now, I've gotten invitations to be "screened" for an upcoming survey.  They consisted of the ordinary questions....age, marital status, income level, blah blah. Sometimes only one question involved (do you smoke? Do you invest?).  I answer, it closes out, and another 5 points go into the pile.  When I don't get a follow-up survey, I assume they are looking for a different profile.  Apparently I was so busy being "unfit", I didn't see where this was headed.  The 2nd possibility was I failed to read the fine print in the Terms where it declares that survey takers are obliged to actively correct their profile once every 12 months.  Since nothing changed there, I had nothing to update so guilty as charged. (OK, I did get older but my date of birth didn't change so I figured that was a no-brainer to anyone who can add).  The 3rd suggestion was that I "ignored" their emails and failed to interact.  There was an overall implication that I used different email addresses and side-stepped providing accurate, verifiable information and that simply is not true on any level.   So my paltry payout is water under the bridge and perhaps being dropped by these people is a very good result, all things considered.  I feel badly for others caught up in this who had a bigger reward hanging in the balance.  Once you are declared 'persona non grata',   that's the end.