American Consumer Opinion

trevorpee

On 6/14/2017 at 9:17 AM, Peaches1946 said:

Update 6/14/2017:    OCA sent me an email and said my account had been closed and payout denied because apparently I committed one of several possible infractions.  The first one suggested that I had given survey answers "unfit for inclusion" on 3 occasions.  I find that puzzling as I have not received any surveys from them for a very long time (except for a few which I completed and received reward points so they must have been "fit" enough).  For months now, I've gotten invitations to be "screened" for an upcoming survey.  They consisted of the ordinary questions....age, marital status, income level, blah blah. Sometimes only one question involved (do you smoke? Do you invest?).  I answer, it closes out, and another 5 points go into the pile.  When I don't get a follow-up survey, I assume they are looking for a different profile.  Apparently I was so busy being "unfit", I didn't see where this was headed.  The 2nd possibility was I failed to read the fine print in the Terms where it declares that survey takers are obliged to actively correct their profile once every 12 months.  Since nothing changed there, I had nothing to update so guilty as charged. (OK, I did get older but my date of birth didn't change so I figured that was a no-brainer to anyone who can add).  The 3rd suggestion was that I "ignored" their emails and failed to interact.  There was an overall implication that I used different email addresses and side-stepped providing accurate, verifiable information and that simply is not true on any level.   So my paltry payout is water under the bridge and perhaps being dropped by these people is a very good result, all things considered.  I feel badly for others caught up in this who had a bigger reward hanging in the balance.  Once you are declared 'persona non grata',   that's the end. 

I don't know why the problems because while it did take months I did receive my $50 check. So far after all this time I never had a problem like yours and they did answer an email I sent about having problems with their surveys and it turned out to be Firefox causing the problems and not them. I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many problems with them.

ACOP owed me around $45 dollars, and I waited 8 weeks to get paid. It was only after I sent countless emails and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau that I received a check. I cancelled my account immediately after the check cleared, and haven't done any polls with them since.

If you look at the BBB of Central Texas' website, you'll see over 200 complaints filed against Decision Analyst, ACOP's parent company. PLEASE cash out ASAP and cancel your accounts. They're not having "tech issues" or "Paypal issues" -- they simply don't want to (or can't afford to) pay their panel members. Why they have a B+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, I have no idea. If ever there was a company that deserved an F, this is it.

Edited to add more info on Decision Analyst:

They own other panels and survey companies besides ACOP, so beware of these, too.

• Technology Advisory Board
  • Imaginators

On 6/6/2017 at 10:21 AM, MrsDenise said:

I've have 3 needing paid, earliest one is from 10/22/16......    7 months, starting to make me nervous.

Update, I got paid. It took 8 months, but at least I received payment. Now need the other 2 settled.

I found ACOP to be awful. First they take forever to credit you for taking surveys, often just failing to do so for months until you email them a half dozen times. After they finally get around to giving you your earned credits, the process repeats in the process of actually getting money. They stall and stall, requiring email after email before they finally issue the payment. It's obvious that they are more concerned with the brand of trash bags in their wastebaskets than they are paying the people that do their surveys. I can't be bothered wasting hours chasing people that owe me money.  If you can't act like a REAL company and pay me, I can't work for you. It's that simple.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I do ACOP for one reason only, they pay probably the highest rate for time spent on a survey. Since I'm here for the long haul I just grin and bear it. I have eventually been paid all money due me. I just start sending them emails 8 weeks after I request a payment and usually get paid within a month of the email.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:27 PM, somelady said:

Have they stopped paying for screener surveys? All the surveys screeners I received this week said Drawing for $100 Amazon gift card
For completing the short survey (screener)

Some they pay and some they don't. I haven't figured out how they decide.

• 1 year later...

ACOP in collusion with their client, Burke Surveys, decided They did not want to pay or got me mixed up with someone else. They invalidated a $6 survey because  I made multiple neophyte panelist mistakes, I failed multiple traps and completed the survey too quickly. I had initially reported a month earlier that the survey failed at conclusion with the below message, and they would respond to the ticket until I wrote to the president of Decision Analyst Inc.  These people are incompetent and unethical. When they can't figure out the cause of their survey failures, they blame the panelists. These folks will be reported to the marketing professional associations their claim to be members of!

"Sorry, we have encountered an error loading the requested survey. There was an error loading the survey specified in the URL. Most commonly this is caused by your email program inserting a line break. If you are copying the URL from the email please be sure to copy the entire address."

The Response they finally came back with:

Hi Kris,

Thank You for your patience while I investigate this. After going through the survey data you hit multiple survey traps. Most survey traps are implemented to ensure that members are paying attention throughout the entire survey. Because you hit multiple instances you were classified as a “cheater” and your survey data was removed.

1.       Speeding: For this survey, the average time was 33 Min. while you were able to complete it in 16 min.

2.       Missed Grid: In a couple of grids they had question text “Please select Satisfied”; “Please select 3”. And both options had an incorrect answer.

Decision Analyst takes respondent quality serious. So anytime a member is removed, it needs to meet a certain threshold to be classified as a “cheater”. Below is a link to a white paper written by a couple of colleagues that goes into depth on preventative measures researchers take to ensure the honesty of respondents while collecting online data. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything further. I am available through email or phone.

Matthew