Confused about Pinecone's New Policy

cricket

I havent received one of their regular surveys for weeks. I just keep getting Harris panel surveys! If I want to do those, i wouldnt have quit them months ago! And they never never load, so I just bail. KScott recommends all the same: refresh, restart, clear cache, different browser---bla bla bla. I think they are done myself or are purging people. I was purged once without warning. The account now is my husbands. Too bad.

On 2/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, rosiesmom said:

JD, I got that too.  Then I couldn't even send an email to support, so I tried that again today.  Yesterday it wouldn't accept my password and I had to go in and change it before I got the 404 error. 

Yep, same thing happened here. Tried to load it a few times, using different browsers, etc. Always failed to load. I certainly hope Pinecone isn't running that Cint crap now, because this was acting like one of their surveys. That garbage has never loaded right on my computer.  The words "router survey" are leading me to believe that Pinecone is starting to go down the same toilet as most of the other formerly reputable survey sites have.

Sure hope that's not the case :-(

• Like 1

I just got paid for a Pinecone survey yesterday so that end seems to be ok.

I did receive one of their new surveys. First thing I noticed was that it plainly said in the address bar Not Secure. That made me very wary. I got an error within a couple of questions so was just as happy to be out of it.  My big fear is that they're just gonna start sending out Samplicio garbage.

I got a similar email from Pinecone. I am waiting for the changes to actually take effect. I actuallythink it's a great idea. They have had a few issues with their site, but a very quick in fixing them and they are a great survey company. I love Pinecone, and honestly believe they are the best. 

From what I can tell , Pinecone tried the new method out well over a month ago , but there were server issues. Since that time , I have only been receiving the normal ones and Household Questions. The Pinecone ones that I have been seeing from Harris are all being directed to the server that had issues (and seems to still have) since when Pinecone tried the new method that failed , the survey came up with "RouterSurvey". It looks to me like Harris is not aware that there is an issue. Except for the test run one of the new system , I never have had problems with the surveys from Pinecone itself. However , the Pinecone ones through other sites (like Harris) have often been problematic.

I was a Pinecone panelist for some years. After not receiving any survey invitations in months, last month I started to be tormented almost every day by Pinecone  asking me if I wanted to participate in an "exciting, unique, etc" experience consisting in allowing them to track "automatically" all my email activity for them to find out what were my shopping habits so they could pass the info to their customers for them to make marketing decisions. I responded to Pinecone every time that I was not interested in giving up my privacy by allowing them to install any software to track my email activity.  Fortunately they stopped, and I have never heard back from them . I personally do not want to have anything to do with them any longer.

10 hours ago, lorraine said:

I was a Pinecone panelist for some years. After not receiving any survey invitations in months, last month I started to be tormented almost every day by Pinecone  asking me if I wanted to participate in an "exciting, unique, etc" experience consisting in allowing them to track "automatically" all my email activity for them to find out what were my shopping habits so they could pass the info to their customers for them to make marketing decisions. I responded to Pinecone every time that I was not interested in giving up my privacy by allowing them to install any software to track my email activity.  Fortunately they stopped, and I have never heard back from them . I personally do not want to have anything to do with them any longer.

Wow, I haven't gotten those.  I am getting a screen at the end of every survey about getting 3,600 points and so on.  I figured that is what it is.  I haven't signed up for it. 

Been getting the 3600 point thing at the end of every Household Questions and survey for months now as well. Refused it the first time as I don't shop online much , but it still keeps showing up.

I have been a Pinecone member for about 7 years.  All surveys sent are based on your profile so there is not any wasted time. Within usually 24 to 48 hours $3 is deposited. The only exception is the household questions are not paid but that is how they monitor what survey to send. I hope this helps. 

Karen Scott does answer email concerns.