Confused about Pinecone's New Policy

cricket

I got the email saying that when we get an email saying "household questions" it will lead us right to the survey if we qualify. I just got one and it never said anything like "OK, you are qualified". The survey went on and it was pretty short and then said I will get 300 points. I guess I'll know in a few days if this was an actual survey. Anyone have a similar experience?

• Like 1

JD, I got that too.  Then I couldn't even send an email to support, so I tried that again today.  Yesterday it wouldn't accept my password and I had to go in and change it before I got the 404 error. 

4 hours ago, JD said:

I got one yesterday where it said it was a routed survey. Routed from Pinecone? Attempted it and it failed on a 404 today.

Got the same "Routed Survey" on Friday as well. No matter what browser , it simply does not load. I emailed Karen about it.

• Like 1

Just tried to do a survey for Harris Poll and when I clicked on the link , it came back with a 503 error :

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

The survey link started with:

cdar-nic.nielsen.com/RouterSurvey

Looks like there is a site issue.

• Like 1

Just received an email from Karen Scott regarding the recent new style survey. It read:

Thank you for your email. I apologize for difficulty. We have been experiencing system outages and are working to improve functionality before new opportunities are available in the new system. Please disregard the survey and any reminders

Had a feeling there were system issues.

I have not heard from Pinecone for months!  I just checked with them to see if I am still a member - apparently I am.  I advised them that I hadn't heard from them in months...

We'll see if I get a reply -----

I've gotten a few emails saying they'll be changing their format to have the surveys go straight to a survey, but so far I haven't had one that was "household questions" that sent me directly to a survey after.  So, I don't think they've put the new format into use just yet, but they wanted to give people a heads up on the change that's coming in the future.  This means that if you get a survey that is "household questions" and it's short, only asks the basics like have you heard of and tried these brands, and then doesn't send you to a more in depth survey about specifics like product design, new flavors, likes/dislikes, thoughtboards or pick a product off store shelf and tell why, then I'd say, don't expect 300 points.  They've never paid for household questions surveys, and they're pretty distinctly different from the paid surveys that get way more in depth into things.  I'm sure they'll have an announcement email when the new format is officially in use.

Also, I've been a member of Pinecone for years, never had any problem cashing out, no problems logging in after.  They usually pay me within a day, unless I request on a weekend, then sometimes, might not be til Monday, but it's always been quick like that.

Actually , they have tried out the new method as well as new software. Both failed. The new method had server issues and simply would not load for anyone. The new software was such that the survey had to be completed in one session. No re-entry was allowed. When I tried that survey , the software crashed half way through.

• 3 weeks later...

I received a regular paying Pinecone survey on March 7 (the last one) for which I was paid as usual but continue to receive the 300 points emails too and every time I do go into it, it says that you need to have as browser of Windows 7 at the least and mine is still XP so I continue to get them and just delete them. Don't know what else to do except wait for the regular ones...