Memolink

mikedorb

Anybody here belong to this panel? I have been unable to log in for a week now. I sent an email to support last weekend and never received a reply. I have checked out their Facebook page and other people are having the same problem.  Could they have shut down? But a couple of web sites that check to see if a web site is up or down claim Memolink is up so I don't know what is going on. But they continue to neglect our Facebook messages as well as emails so who knows what the deal is. I don't think the problem is my computer because I can't access the site on my tablet or smartphone either. If the site is really up why can't I and a bunch of other people log in. Now I am getting the following message.  

The www.memolink.com page isn’t working

www.memolink.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I think I understand computers pretty well but honestly I don't get this.   

I too cant access Memolink for about a week. I emailed them many times. They got back to me once saying they having technical problems but fixed it. Not quite though. I logged in and it kept freezing and then just stopped working again. Shame on them. They could a least keep members informed. Also give us free points for all the time wasted trying to log in. Used to be a fun site. Now its just aggravating.

I still can't log in. I did get the following canned response to my email which tells me nothing.

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about our site. We are aware of the problem and are actively working on the solution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Team Memolink!

They responded to me last Sunday which was five days ago after emailing them about a week before that. And nothing has changed since then. Why do I think there is something going on that they are not telling us? Maybe they have filed for bankruptcy or the site is up for sale. I am just guessing because I don't know for sure.  But it would not surprise me if the site has been shut down permanently even though they have not told us that at least not yet. Also they used to respond to messages on their Facebook page but they haven't done so now for a long time. Something is going on that we don't know about. Because it is very unusual for a web site to be down two weeks due to technical problems although I guess it is possible. At the very least if they have intentions of fixing the site to get it back online they should tell us what kind of time frame we are looking at. Whether we are talking days, weeks or months. We are being left hanging and that is beyond aggravating. Just like you I managed to log in a few times in the last two weeks but besides maybe the site of the day I couldn't do anything else because I got logged out and couldn't get back in again.  Now today just like most of the days I tried to log in over the past two weeks I keep getting the following message. 

The www.memolink.com page isn’t working

www.memolink.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

It may be time for all Memolink members to completely wash their hands off the site because I don't think it is coming back anytime soon if it comes back at all.

I got the same generic email from them as above did. I logged in and tried to take a survey and visit site of the day. After doing this the site froze AGAIN and I cant log back in. What bothers me is I had two weeks of time to play Scratch n Win but due to site being down I lost ALL of my chances to play for free points.  I emailed them about this too but have not gotten an answer.  Oh well their loss I will go over to One Opinion and give them my time happily and answer their surveys!  I highly recommend this site!!!!.

• 2 weeks later...

Its me again. They replied to my email about the technical problems they are having with their site. It was the same generic email as above but they added that it "hurts them more than me" that their site is still not working properly!! Who says this to a member?  Are they 12 years old?  If I didnt have almost $10.00 of points available that I worked very hard for I would unsubscribe. Yesterday I was only able to ro the daily trivia question and today when I finally got in that wasnt even working! Nothing worked. As usual. But at least I could log in. But for what? To stare at their stupid home page? They should mail me my 10.00 check for all the aggravation they caused me.  I will be happy to spend all my time at Univox where it is worth it everyday.

I got the same garbage email from them that you got. It is generic and tells us nothing. This site has been pretty much been down since before March 1 except for a few times it was up and even then it didn't have full functionality. If they wanted the  site up it would have been up a long time ago. That are insulting our intelligence by even telling us that.

This is what I believed happened. At the end of last year Memolink's parent company was sold. And I think they made a decision to close the site before the technical issues occurred in late February. So knowing that I think after the site went down they made a decision not to fix it if they indeed had a plan to close it down anyway. I can't prove it but usually I have a pretty good feel about these things. because no computer issues take that long to fix. They never had any intentions to fix it. Occasionally the site might come up but it will only be for a few minutes and it will not be fully functional.  Kind of a quirk or freakish thing. I don't think we will ever see a fully functional Memolink site ever again and probably sooner rather than later it will be gone for good. I cashed out with them for 25.00 in January and earned more than 25,000 points since my last cash out which in cash value is more than 10.00. As for cashing out the only thing any of us can do is send them an email. You can't go into the site to unsubscribe or cash out if you have enough points to do so. We are all probably screwed as far as being able to ever redeem our points. 

You struck a nerve with me about Univox. I just got done posting about them. You can check it out. Apparently they have changed their policy concerning survey disqualifications and the 5 points you get for each one. If indeed this is the case I am done with them. It is becoming harder and harder to find good survey panels. Many of them are making changes and the changes almost never benefit us. How long have you belonged to Memolink? They have been around for a long time and always were highly regarded. But now they are playing games with their members many of whom have been with them for a long time. If their plan is to close down they should just tell us that. As for getting what is in your account you could try emailing them and it that didn't work then go to the BBB while Memolink is still in business. And I believe they are still in business even though we haven't been able to access the site for many weeks. But that might not be the case for much longer and once they are gone the chances of any of us ever seeing another penny from them would be very very slim. 

KellyD

Latest on Memolink. I actually was able to log into the site today which may be a miracle. Once I got in I was able to do the site for the day and trivia which I got wrong per usual. Then I tried to get into surveys and of course it didn't work. Also spin and win I was blocked because I hadn't completed a survey in weeks. How can anybody complete surveys if they can't get into the site and even if they do they likely won't be able to reach the survey page? If they were any kind of a decent company they would make spin and win available to everybody for a period of time. That is why I think the site is closing permanently very soon. Also why they don't care one bit about their customers and keep giving us a bunch of BS thinking we will fall for it. 

And for Univox I posted on the rants and raves page a copy of an email I received from them yesterday documenting the changes they are making. Please check it out. I think you may now have a different feeling about Univox. Isn't it unbelievable how these panels make changes and always say it is for our benefit when we all know it is to improve their bottom lines? Unless there is going to be way to actually earn points with Univox it will be a complete waste of time to stick with them. And I think almost everybody else will feel the same way. 

Now today I can get to their home page but when I click on log in nothing happens. My message to Memolink is if their intentions are to close the site just do it now instead of playing these stupid games. I check it every day which I probably will stop doing shortly because I am almost certain it will be closed down permanently very soon. And even if I can get in the odds are all I will probably be able to do is the site for the day and trivia 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone bail as soon as possible, IF possible. I ordered $100 from them on April 6 and it's still labeled "pending." I've contacted help a number of times and have gotten nothing but BS and the run around.

First they said they changed their mail-date policy to sending rewards ordered between the first and last of a month at the end of the FOLLOWING month. So I ordered in early April, they don't mail until end of May. They said they're "in the process of updating the policy on the website." When I checked on it at the beginning of June it was still pending. I was then told they were waiting to make sure all of my points cleared.  My last batch of points cleared in MARCH.

I've been with them for 10 years and never had any trouble. They're clearly trying to NOT send my (and I imagine others') money. Shady liars and I'm furious.