Being disqualified because you've taken surveys before

Mai

Something I cannot wrap my head around with surveys is how a lot of them will disqualify you if you honestly say that you've done surveys with the same sort of topic as the one you get disqualified from. 

Today I started to do a survey, it asked me if I've done any studies about advertising in the last 3 months; I say yes, as watching ads or giving opinions about billboard/internet advertisements is a pretty common thing to come across with surveys. 

Aaaand I'm instantly disqualified

Do survey makers think that survey takers do so little surveys that they never come across the same topic twice? :?

• Like 1

Part of that problem is that with the glut of survey companies out there , it is quite likely that a survey was farmed out to several companies and not just one. So , you may have done a survey on brand xxx coffee and the survey at hand is on brand yyy coffee , but they ask a generic question to not get duplicate responses when they really need to follow up with a more specific one.

I see that all the time.

I always just say no. There are so many surveys that usually differ dramatically even for the same general topic that one should not be DQd. And when it's the same survey they have a data base for that. I feel comfortable saying no to that nonsense question.

• Like 1

Depends on the subject I don't want to do the same survey over and over again.If it's one I have done I x out of there especially if it was long and boring they don't have to worry about me doing it again..

• Like 1