Screwed Out Of My Incentive From "Philips Light Stories Community"

greeneyeddevils

Wondering if anyone else has been dealing with "Philips Light Stories Community"?  I just finished a project with this company & was told after the first 2 weeks if you contribute & answer all the questions that you'd receive a nice incentive..this is what I was supposed to receive below..

What’s in it for me? If you contribute actively, you will receive an Amazon.com gift code worth $160 USD OR $230 CAD for Amazon.ca But that is not all… you will be part of an exclusive club of consumers getting to test Philips products and help shape the future of the Philips brand 

So I did more than enough work in the community during that timeframe & I receive an email from them today & they offer me up

$75 Canadian....I blew a gasket...I spent quite a bit of time on the community answering all their questions & get screwed over like this...I sent off an email asking where the $155 Canadian is & wonder if I'll even get an answer back from them..This pisses me off big time since you accept to be a part of the community..you do all the work & get shafted by them in the end...Is anyone else with them?

1 hour ago, footfree said:

I would be ticked myself.Never heard of them.

Yeah I'm pissed...I've even posted on their home page & still no response from anyone in charge there..

Wow, that sucks. I did that exact community last year, and I ended up with $160 and then another $40 and then another $40 and then another $10 :D. (They kept adding new questions, and paying for them. It was pretty awesome. And on top of the products I got to keep, too.)

I will agree, though, that the guy responsible for managing the thing, was super not speedy with his email responses. A couple weeks ago they accidentally sent the whole list several emails, over the course of two weeks, informing all of us that there were new surveys up, they're going to expire soon, really please take these surveys they're about to expire, etc., when actually they were only meant for a subset of us that didn't include me... every email I got, I responded to, and I didn't get a response back apologizing for the confusion until the full two weeks later. So yeah, they're not particularly on top of things when there are issues. Keep bugging them, I'd say.

Glad to see someone got the right amount...I got totally screwed over...I did all the questions..answered all the mods questions..posted pictures..& so on...never missed a topic & went into detail & not just a single line answer..so it's pissing me off that I'm getting screwed out of $155 in Amazon.ca gift certs when I deserve them...what made me laugh too was what you just said how they add extra topics for money...about an hr ago I received one for $5 if I just answered a single topic question...I should've responed by saying "How about you give me the money you owe me" 

7 hours ago, greeneyeddevils said:

Wondering if anyone else has been dealing with "Philips Light Stories Community"?  I just finished a project with this company & was told after the first 2 weeks if you contribute & answer all the questions that you'd receive a nice incentive..this is what I was supposed to receive below..

Wowzers, that sure does suck buttermilk and I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through it.  :-(  I'm currently waiting for an Amazon card in the mail that could have easily been paid with a code online.... so not holding my breath, and it's nowhere near the amount you're talking about here.

Although I am constantly on the lookout for communities 'cause I'm such a chatterbox and could handle a bunch of them, this is one I've not heard of....is it one with a website that folks can apply for, or by invitation only like through a survey place portal?

It's by invitation only. I think I got in via a survey from socialopinions. Could've been a different site (was like a year ago), but I think it was that one (they tend to have all the best private paid communities :)). 

I just received an email back from them..what a bunch of crap....I'n the opening intro package that I received from them it said nothing about $75...I signed up for $230 Canadian Amazon..not $75 for 2 weeks...I've done 1 day forum's where I've been paid that much or more...this was not cool...they should have to honor the amount that was in the opening intro that we received...

Thank you for your email. I checked this with the project manager and the information you refer to is from an older deepdive that lasted 1 month. This deepdive had a period of 2 weeks and therefore there is a smaller amount as reward.

Please enjoy your reward.
Kind regards
Eva

I'm guessing you don't have any proof of the amount of payment?If so did you show it to them?Maybe you could try the BBB and see if there are any other complaints.

Oh there's other pissed off people

ciaoredbella

Me too, so I came here to see if anyone else had the same question and/or an answer.

 0

greeneyeddevils

I would love to get some answers from the people running this site..would be nice..

 0

WelshCanadian

Same here. My original email said I would be getting $100 Amazon.ca certificate, but the email I got said I am only getting $35.
I emailed the company and apparently I am 'not entitled to the full reward of 100CAD as you did not participate in all activities of the community.' I have no idea what this means, but am very frustrated right now.

 0

WelshCanadian

So this was the response I got -
'Dear Andrew,
You responded to only 8 of the 15 activities of this community. Therefore, we were not able to provide you the full reward. As we did appreciate your participation and responses, you were granted a reward of 35 CAD.'
I have no idea what is meant by this as like you guys, I replied to everything I was asked to.
Super frustrated right now.

I don't think they give a crap..they can do whatever they want on these sites I guess...well they sent me $75 so I claimed it this morning before they decide to ban me from the project for causing crap

Got this message today...what a bunch of crap from this company..they should be compensating eveyone who got screwed out of the full incentive that was sent to us in the invite to the community...even better they have now deleted the post I put on their website to saying how I was screwed out of the cash & the other people that complained had their comments deleted...just covering their own butts...

Thanks for your participation on our Philips community. I saw your mail and your post in our lounge about the incentive for the previous deepdive. I’m truly sorry about the miscommunication. The amounts you mention are only applicable if we have a deepdive for a longer period. That was the first deepdive in which you participated. In the following deepdives the moderator will always mention the correct amount of incentives at the start of our deepdive.

Again, our apologies and hopefully you will join our next challenges.

Best,

Erik