Captcha

calafan

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the visual captchas now being used all over the place, which either take multiple attempts to match or have disappearing check marks on every image you click?

• Like 2

Some of them really are a major pain. I agree. There have been times where I just close the (tab)window and go on to other things. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, calafan said:

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the visual captchas now being used all over the place, which either take multiple attempts to match or have disappearing check marks on every image you click?

Oh!  I'm so glad you posted this!  I didn't know it was everyone dealing with this.  I started getting them and figured I had gotten too many of those ridiculously hard to read captchas wrong and they flagged me or something.  But this new thing is a horror!   Like with the street signs... seems like sometimes they want the sign posts included, sometimes they don't.  Sometimes they want a gas station included as a "store front" and sometimes they don't.  It's maddening!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, penangel said:

Oh!  I'm so glad you posted this!  I didn't know it was everyone dealing with this.  I started getting them and figured I had gotten too many of those ridiculously hard to read captchas wrong and they flagged me or something.  But this new thing is a horror!   Like with the street signs... seems like sometimes they want the sign posts included, sometimes they don't.  Sometimes they want a gas station included as a "store front" and sometimes they don't.  It's maddening!

Exactly. There is no consistency from one time to the next as to what should or should not be included.

• Like 1

Glad to see others having the same issues with figuring out what the CAPTCHA wants. I've had the same issues. Store fronts that are not stores at all having to be included as store fronts , street signs that are not traffic related (sign atop a restaurant) , and rivers that are a mere thread in the distance. I can understand requiring proof that one is not a robot to access a site where data integrity is required , but some sites have also made the CAPTCHA required to access Customer Service to ask a question!!

• Like 1

Another annoying part of this captcha screening is going through it once when you first click on a survey link, being redirected to another survey platform, and then being asked to do it all over again for that one.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Panels are getting paranoid with the idea that we are not real people responding to their surveys.  I was always curious to know how a robot can answer the qualification questions in the precise order. That still remains a mystery to me, but what is no longer a mystery is the annoying captcha. I agree with all the posted comments and add that sometimes the pictures to choose from are so unclear that a store front could be very well taken for anything else. Captcha is an annoying waste of our  time.

• Like 3

I have a captcha the other day and I could barely make out the photo.  It didn't stop there. Then I was asked about how many wheels a bicycle had, I had to ponder, do they actually have wheels?  Is it a trick question?  I answered 2, and I was allowed to go on, on to another stupid question! I am getting some crazy questions from some of these sites.  I think I should be able to make up my own questions, like, do you intend to take all of this information and then dq me at the last minute?  How much do you make from my dq? you know, stuff like that.  They should have to be as transparent as we are. In my opinion.  Rant is done now!!

• Like 2

The pictures are not clear at all so it is very hard and then if you do guess wrong you get more chances to get it right so what is the point

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peach6 said:

The pictures are not clear at all so it is very hard and then if you do guess wrong you get more chances to get it right so what is the point

Yes, and then they offer me another photo with the same problem. Smart.  Not. 

• Like 3

I get them all the time where they show a photo with a street sign and ask you to click on all the squares with the sign in them. You do that and instead of getting the OK , up comes another one to do. The record so far is 8 in a row (all gotten correct) before being cleared as not a robot.

There has to be a better way. Also , the CAPTCHA should be on the site and not called from another site (Google) like the current fave. Too many chances for a bad connection along the way.

• Like 1

I had a new (to me) one come up yesterday.  It wasn't just to choose squares with something in them, it was to "draw" or trace around an object with no instruction on how to do it.  I decided I didn't have the time for that foolishness and moved on.  There are a million questions they could ask that a robot wouldn't know (do robots really do surveys?   Sheesh!)   so I reached my limit.

• Like 2