Captcha

calafan

Seem a few of the draw around types as well. No instructions and normal drawing program methods did not work. Finally got it to work by using what would best be called "vector drawing". From a point , draw out to form a triangle , click , and repeat until the object is enclosed. It was accepted. Not intuitive at all!

Also , just encountered a CAPTCHA (caps as it is an acronym , not a word) where you had to do that to log in twice. First was for your email , second was for your password. That was on One Opinion. Total overkill!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying to log into a site yesterday and it was "choose the photos with mountains in them."  I checked the obvious ones off, and I failed.  Apparently a cluster of trees could also be a mountain.  Where do these people live for gosh sakes?!   Then I got to do 5 more just like that one, they finally switched over to street signs, and whallah!  I failed that one too.  Does a post that the sign is on count as part of the street sign?  I am apparently not smart enough to be taking surveys.  Oh, and I love the one that asks what my favorite dessert is, and how many sides a triangle has. 

• Like 1

I fail it more times on the first try then pass that mountain is very tricky I guess they consider trees mountains  unless the mountains are behind the trees and you just can't see them.

• Like 2

I recently sent an email to one of the survey sites that uses this on a regular basis, and asked if they ever tried these captcha puzzles themselves. They just blamed google and said to refresh the image if there was a problem. I have since started doing this until I get one I know usually works. I have found buses and gas stations to be two images that usually work on the first time. Also I avoid anything that requires you to pick images that spread over more than one box, especially the nightmare street signs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peach6 said:

I fail it more times on the first try then pass that mountain is very tricky I guess they consider trees mountains  unless the mountains are behind the trees and you just can't see them.

LOL!  I know!! 

• Like 2

I get the mountain one as well quite often. Sometimes hard to determine what is a mountain. Waiting for a photo of Dolly Parton to be there!

• Like 2

I basically use Firefox browser because I haven't been able to use IE for over 2 years. Anyhow, when I get the captcha thing. I will try to click the box with the man's arms. Or, copy the words correctly. When that doesn't work like with Rewards Survey & Rewards Bee - free magazine sites for doing their surveys. I change over to Chrome browser then it's no problem.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starlight529 said:

I basically use Firefox browser because I haven't been able to use IE for over 2 years. Anyhow, when I get the captcha thing. I will try to click the box with the man's arms. Or, copy the words correctly. When that doesn't work like with Rewards Survey & Rewards Bee - free magazine sites for doing their surveys. I change over to Chrome browser then it's no problem.  

The CAPTCHAs being referenced in this thread are the reCAPTCHA  ones that were created by Google that involve clicking on "I'm not a robot" and then having to select images from blurred photos.

• Like 1

OK, I just tried logging into YouGov.  I did the email, pass word and that damned Captcha crap started.  I went through 13 screens of those damned things and still, more kept coming up.  I did mountains 3 times, sorry, but a clump of trees is NOT a mountain, not in any state that I know of, I did storefront once, street numbers twice, rivers at least 4 times, and then it went back to mountains.  Inever did log in.  I am stomping mad!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rosiesmom said:

OK, I just tried logging into yougov.  I did the email, pass word and that damned Captcha crap started.  I went through 13 screens of those damned things and still, more kept coming up.  I did mountains 3 times, sorry, but a clump of trees is NOT a mountain, not in any state that I know of, I did storefront once, street numbers twice, rivers at least 4 times, and then it went back to mountains.  Inever did log in.  I am stomping mad!!

I had 3 today that did the same thing I know I got the street numbers right and then they gave me more numbers and then the mountains followed and then the street signs is this the new norm to test your patience.I pretty much lost it and I DQ

• Like 2

Haven't any quite that bad , but they are going overboard on the security thing. The old way with the words seemed to work just fine. Since surveys are varied in their formats , why would someone go to all the trouble to program a bot for a few dollars?? 

• Like 1

I went back after I posted the above and I do apologize for my behavior, that was not called for, and it took me through 11 of those things AGAIN.  Ridiculous.  How about I give the survey companies tests like that.  Are you going to dq me?  Are you lying?  Is the quota already filled? Are you lying?  Are you going to dq me? ARGH!!!

• Like 2