This cant be real or is it -Math equation on survey

footfree

what is 6*(2 +3)=

I put in none of the above and it says I do not qualify.This isn't even a real math equation or have I been out of school to long?

No, it's a real equation.  6 times (2 plus 3) = 6 times 5 = 30.  They are certainly getting creative with their stupid little tests!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, footfree said:

what is 6*(2 +3)=

I put in none of the above and it says I do not qualify.This isn't even a real math equation or have I been out of school to long?

I had that one yesterday... been a looooong time since I've had algebra  :-)  (I'm being dramatic.. haven't had any x+y+z problems... yet!)  but I remembered how to do that and was able to do the survey.  My thought was that I'll be okay with these simple ones, but if they go to trig, I'm out.  hehe

3 minutes ago, Not-a-Sucker said:

No, it's a real equation.  6 times (2 plus 3) = 6 times 5 = 30.  They are certainly getting creative with their stupid little tests!

Yeah, I'd think those robots they're so concerned about would be able to do a math problem more easily than some of the other things they make us jump through hoops to do.  Like that crazy Captcha.  I tested that today... one square had a wee little bit of a vehicle on it... didn't mark it, got in.  Sometimes it needs to be marked, but not today.   Ludicrous.

• Like 1

Yeah, that is pretty silly. I've seen simple arithmetic problems loads of times, but they definitely shouldn't assume that everyone remembers how parens work. I know how they work, but I'm a programmer. Not everyone is mathy. That's pretty silly.

• Like 1

Using the "X" would have been clearer , but the "*" is a valid math symbol. Science was my major interest in HS , but math was also up there. Went on to get a degree in Data Processing.

7 hours ago, footfree said:

If it had read as 6x(2+3) I think I wouldn't of  had a problem .But throwing in the asterisk threw me off.

Heh, if they'd asked me what 6x(2+3) was, I would have said the answer was 30x. :P