Disappointed with Survey Junkie :-(

penangel

Until recently they'd been my favorite... but now... :-(     Every time I go there, I get one of those "a webpage is trying to slow the browser" messages.  Sometimes those lock me up forcing a reboot.  No other website does that to me.   But even more than that, the rates are way down and I'm disqualifying more times than I qualify!  It was never like that before.

Today I got one offering 36 cents.  Granted it was just 11 minutes, but I didn't bother with it.  It wouldn't have seemed so bad at 50 cents probably but that "36 cents" just rubbed me the wrong way.  Might do a 5 minute for that.

Anyhow, I used to cash out fairly often and now after about a week, I have a grand total of 77 cents!  Anyone else notice these things, or am I just the lucky one?  :shock:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you try dumping your Survey Junkie cookies? I use a dedicated browser for all my surveys and regularly dump all my cookies.

I've recently taken to cookie purging on a regular basis with a browser extension. When I close a tab, bye-bye cookies, except for the white-listed ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 1:45 PM, penangel said:

Until recently they'd been my favorite... but now... :-(     Every time I go there, I get one of those "a webpage is trying to slow the browser" messages.  Sometimes those lock me up forcing a reboot.  No other website does that to me.   But even more than that, the rates are way down and I'm disqualifying more times than I qualify!  It was never like that before.

Today I got one offering 36 cents.  Granted it was just 11 minutes, but I didn't bother with it.  It wouldn't have seemed so bad at 50 cents probably but that "36 cents" just rubbed me the wrong way.  Might do a 5 minute for that.

Anyhow, I used to cash out fairly often and now after about a week, I have a grand total of 77 cents!  Anyone else notice these things, or am I just the lucky one?  :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

They sent me a survey invitation via email for 500 points. I fully completed the survey. However, they only gave me 250 points. I contacted support and alerted them that I only received half of what the survey was originally for. Thankfully I captured a screen shot of the survey invitation and emailed it back to them. I have not gotten a response. I am seeing this more and more with survey panels. They are not giving you the full amount. 

They responded in a timely fashion and gave the full 500 points. Now why can't other survey panels respond that quickly? Heck some of them don't even respond at all. 

• 1 month later...

This was a great site for a while, I was making some pretty good money for a while. All of a sudden they indefinitely suspended my account and would not give a spacific reason why. They also kept the money I had in my account. Do not waste your time with this site. 

• Like 1

I notice that there are specific times of the month when there are a lot of surveys.  I don't always qualify, but hey I'll take the 2 or 3 points.  I like the site because it is user friendly, surveys don't get hung up and you only need  $10 to cash out. . . unlike Springboard America and Vindale which require $50 or onepoll which has a $65 cash out.

Be careful. I also noted my decline in surveys and now no reward points. Like I've said many times, the new panels start off great to attract users but then start selling your info and screen outs. I think who ever they are selling their info to wants this info. I think maybe the companies that pay them have an internal survey for valid surveys and just pay them for info

• 2 weeks later...

Survey Junkie seems to have entered a new era for me.  I've started experiencing screenouts at the conclusions to a survey.  I answer the final question, get notice I didn't qualify and inquires to support are replied with a canned answer that means, tough.

• 7 months later...

Just signed up with Survey Junkie in the last week ~ Was skeptical at first (after reading negative comments and not seeing a lot of more recent reviews) and maybe my initial fears will come to fruition...but so far it's all good.  I had access to what seemed like a non-stop flow of surveys and was credited a few points whenever I ran into a DQ.  Achieved cash-out level very quickly and when I redeemed, it went straight to PayPal at warp-speed.  I'll update this post if things go south but honestly, so far the experience has been very positive and I'm hopeful it will remain so.

I was thinking of joining but not getting very good reviews and I definitely don't want to have a headache when it's time to cash out.

• 2 months later...

My experience is similar. At first, I could earn $10 in 4 days, a week at the most, with minimal time and effort. I made about eighty bucks total and never had issues cashing out. Then it started telling me that I didn't qualify for a survey, or it had "filled up", after I had just spent 20 minutes completing it... or "finding" me a different survey right in the middle of taking one. The last time I logged on, I attempted eight surveys, and only got 25 points after a frustrating hour. It seems more and more that to qualify for a survey, one must be a minority and/or millennial whose life revolves around social media.

In the long run, it's not worth the time anymore.