Apparent change made with Univox and it is not good

mikedorb

It appears that they will no longer give you 5 points for each survey you are disqualified from unless you complete a survey first on a particular day. At least I think that is what they were telling me when I questioned it. I wrote back asking for more clarification. But if this is the case this panel is completely useless to me. I earn the majority of my points through disqualifications. 5 points for each survey adds up and usually they give you a lot of surveys to attempt. But on average I complete maybe one survey a month from them and that is not going to cut it. So unless they give me surveys I can actually qualify for I am not going to waste any more time with them if they indeed have changed their policy concerning disqualifications.    

• Like 1

Here is an email I got from Univox confirming the changes.

Univox Community Update

Dear Panelist,

Effective immediately we are implementing a change to the Univox Community point policy. While we apologize for the short notice, we believe these changes will better align your time and effort with well-deserved rewards.

9c62b619-f51e-4c6b-b372-8d1348f19af7.png

Here is something to make your weekend better!

In **two weeks, we will roll out a new feature in which panelists will be awarded a surprise amount of points at the end of the month.These points will be based on time spent taking surveys and the number of surveys completed.

More details to come, stay tuned!

Happy Weekend

Team Univox :)

I will give them to the end of the month to see what they have in mind but if I don't like it I will not waste anymore time on this site. Because the way it is now I will earn virtually no points trying to complete surveys.  Most of the surveys give me the same few screener questions which I always answer the same way and 99% of the time I get immediately disqualified. So what's the point of sticking around if I have little chance of earning points? I am about 650 points away from a 25.00 payment but if they keep the changes in effect they are making and don't come up with new ways to earn points I will be lucky to get to 2500 points in five years. 

• Like 1

We have been complaining about that since they started doing it without warning. That email that we all got came out next day. Most of us if not all are not doing any surveys there until this is resolved come Monday when support should be back. There is no way to tell if you did a survey before without opening the survey. Univox keeps sending the same surveys over and over again so it becomes a waste of our time.

• Like 1

The whole thing was handled terribly. They stopped giving the 5 points for disqualifications about two days before they decided to send everybody an email. What a joke. I am not going to attempt any surveys with them until there is some kind of a resolution.  And it is not like I am missing anything. On average I complete maybe one survey a month. I pretty much always get disqualified before I can even attempt to answer any survey questions. I get asked the usual demographic questions which are always the same before each survey and then am immediately disqualified. I have no chance. And how would I know if I already completed a survey if I never even can get to the survey questions? But I would be almost 100% sure if I did complete a survey it wasn't through Univox since I complete very few surveys through them. I don't know if what they are doing is illegal but it sure is deceptive if not fraudulent. We just have to hope there is enough of a backlash that they will reconsider changing their policy again. At least bring back the disqualification points in some form like maybe limiting them to 25 or 50 a day similar to what My Points and Swagbucks do. I also did a review for Univox yesterday which I am not sure has been posted yet. I gave them a .5 rating which is the lowest you can give a panel. But that is even more than they deserve. If I could give any panel a negative rating it would be Univox after the changes they made to their policy. If they don't make any changes to this new policy they will be officially the worst panel out there as far as I am concerned surpassing both Memolink and My Survey who I also have major issues with. 

• Like 1

It appears that Univox has brought back the 5 points for disqualifications probably because of negative feedback.  If that is the case it tells me they are listening to their customers and doing the right thing. Because if they kept the new policy it would have been useless to stick with them. I earned about 40 points today for disqualifications. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

nope they haven't brought it all the way back and they are not going to. I just got an email saying they are going to give panelists "surprise points" every 2 weeks. yeah right, its like I told Univox, they are just throwing us a bone. ive been with them for years and Ive about had with them . I was making $20 to $30 every 2 weeks, now im lucky to maybe be on track to make 1 or 2 $ a week. pathetic. they have really screwed things up over there. i did 36 surveys yesterday and out of those I got dq points on only 14!  ive emailed them and emailed with a ton of screenshots and it doesn't do any good. im getting treated like crap now. I get a "vendor is required" page all the time now. I get 2 pages telling I didn't qualify and still don't get the dq points and also now im getting a blank gray screen that wont go anywhere. they have implied im not answering the surveys with integrity and for me to use a different browser. especially chrome, which I cant stand. well it doesn't work on it either, so im looking for more different excuses from them now. they used to be one of the best, now they are nearing the bottom really, really fast.  been with them since 2011. ill be ending with them pretty soon if things don't get any better. im not going to continue to waste my time.

• Like 1

I've been doing Univox surveys for a while and all I get is DQ's.  I can't remember when I actually completed a survey.  I checked the other day and thought I was going to be able to redeem points at 2,000 but the redeem area was grayed out.  Does anyone know how many points are required to redeem?

• Like 1

All I know is I spend more time dumping the same surveys over and over again know I won't get a thing if I try. Out of 20 surveys I might actually get to do 1. That's not a good thing when over 10 surveys are throw aways.

• Like 1

Thank goodness they brought back the disqualification points because I barely qualify for any surveys. Maybe one a month. Two if I am lucky. But no more than that.The disqualification points are my saving grace and usually can get to 25.00 to cash out every few months.  

• Like 1

like I said I don't like anything google and it messes with my computer almost everytime I have to use it on Univox. that is what they want me to do. if I have to stay on chrome I probably will have quit them.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:11 AM, theskyhunter said:

like I said I don't like anything google and it messes with my computer almost everytime I have to use it on Univox. that is what they want me to do. if I have to stay on chrome I probably will have quit them.

I use Firefox because I can't stand Chrome. The problem is they send the same surveys over and over again and then try to blame you for their error and not pay you anything for your time. They were very good but now they seem to be going down hill.