DQ'ing after twice the length assigned

rosiesmom

I was on a survey site tonight and I was taking a 15 minute survey.  It reminded me of one of the YouGov ones but it wasn't one of theirs.  After 25 minutes I was answering questions left and right and then hit submit and BAM! They have enough responses.  I know this is usual and it happens to me all the time. But dang!! 25 minutes!!!  And nothing!!  Thanks for listening.  I am done now.  I am still mad though.  Maybe I should turn on the air conditioner, it might help. :)

• Like 4

Happens to me periodically. You spend time on the survey , always way longer then the listed time , and either get the "enough responses" or a DQ. NOT GOOD!

• Like 1

Yeah, I decided about a month ago, I'm done with survey sites that pull that sort of thing. I'd already wittled it down to only accepting work from a couple sites of dubious support quality (GTM and OO), because they paid well enough, but as that sort of thing kept happening, not to mention it felt like the pay kept going down, I dropped GTM and OO last month after one final cash-out from each, too. I'm now doing surveys exclusively from sites that I feel will reimburse me if I complain that a survey has dropped me after a completion message (and/or sites where that rarely if ever happens to begin with). Time already felt borderline well-spent just slogging through regular unpaid screenouts, but those extra special not-really-screenouts periodically pushed it right over onto the side of "not gonna bother anymore". 

• Like 1

I'm guessing you sent them a email complaining about it?I know you said 15 minutes and it took 25 but I'm not doing no more surveys that are over 20 minutes.People don't have that kind of time to sit around and waste on lengthy surveys.They should really reconsider the length of most surveys and shorten them.I can see a lot of people walking away from doing any surveys if they keep this crap up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, footfree said:

I'm guessing you sent them a email complaining about it?I know you said 15 minutes and it took 25 but I'm not doing no more surveys that are over 20 minutes.People don't have that kind of time to sit around and waste on lengthy surveys.They should really reconsider the length of most surveys and shorten them.I can see a lot of people walking away from doing any surveys if they keep this crap up.

I am sending an email directly to the survey company, not the site that I took it through.  I expect a canned response, it won't do me any good I suppose.  But really, 25 minutes for a 15 minute survey and then to get kicked out. 

• Like 1

They tell you in the beginning how you should be honest taking the survey yet they aren't. Not much you can do but never go back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 0:53 PM, seven said:

I know how it feels. I think all of us do. 

Some places seem to be worse then others.

• Like 1