Farewell to Media Insiders - Media Insiders will be closing its doors

dgleeson

Farewell to Media Insiders - Media Insiders will be closing its doors

Emails received today:

Dear Insider,

We at Media Insiders would like to thank you all for your participation and loyalty to our panel, so it is with great sadness that we send you this email. Due to recent, rapidly unfolding developments, Media Insiders will be closing its doors on April 16th, 2017. We hope that you have enjoyed your time with us and that we have made a positive impact on your life.

We are going to miss reading the thank you e-mails and positive reviews. Those kind words about us, and the happy notes about how you bought gifts for your loved ones using the points you earned with us, truly made our day!

Notes About Data Collection
After our shutdown date, we will no longer be accepting any new data from our members. Week 15 rewards will be the final rewards distributed, and will be processed by April 20th. Please click here for directions on how to uninstall MI Mobile from your device(s).

Notes About Redemptions
Please note that you have 1 month to redeem your points from the Perks system after the shutdown date. After that time, all points will be removed and all points accounts will be closed. It is important that you redeem your points before the closing of your account. We want you to enjoy your rewards and have good memories of our time together.

We have enjoyed these past few years with all of you and we wish it could continue, but sadly all good things must come to an end. Thank you so very much for being a part of our journey. Best wishes to you.

Your Friends at Media Insiders

=======================

AND, If you got the Kindle Fire from them:

Your Home Meter is Our Parting Gift

Dear Insider,

As we wind down our research efforts, we are sad to say goodbye. Thank you for participating in our TV Viewing Research through the In-Home Meter Project.

The device that you used as an In-Home Meter is now completely yours. Please uninstall MI Mobile from it (Click here for uninstall instructions) and use it however you like. You do not need to return it to us. Consider it a thank you gift for your meaningful contribution to our research.

All the best,
Your Friends at Media Insiders

• Like 1

I wonder what happened and why they closed with no notice. I was both surprised and disappointed when I got the email because it was easy money and I had the app installed on both my Kindle and smartphone. So I was able to get a 25.00 payment about every six weeks or so and didn't really have to do anything other than make sure the app was running.

• Like 1

I thought it was a good set up until I discovered I would not be able to collect on any rewards. Did you ever collect? I am interested if anyone actually did. 

I cashed out once I got to 2500 points to get a 25.00 PayPal payment which was about every six weeks or so and never had an issue receiving my money. It was very easy money and made quite a bit of money from them in the couple of years I belonged to the panel and am disappointed they have closed their doors because getting 25.00 every six weeks without having to do any work was a great deal. The only thing I had to do was make sure the app was running on both my Kindle and smartphone because occasionally it would stop running and I would have to start it up again. Now everybody has until mid May to cash out whatever points they have in their account. I did it last week after I got the notification they were closing and have yet to receive my payment although there was a message that said it may take longer because of the number of people who would be cashing out. .