MyOpinions Account hacked?

SmittenKitten

I've just had a strange experience with MyOpinions (Australia). I received an invitation to complete a survey, logged in, and was screened out due to "inconsistent answers". When I tried to log in again, I noticed that my landing page read "Jennifer". (My name isn't Jennifer). I reset my password, using my registered email address, tried to log in again, but no dice; I can't access my own account. Whatever link I click, I find my myself in "Jennifer's" account.

I emailed MyOpinions and provided them with the account details (full name and email address) of "Jennifer", and asked them to restore my account.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It will be interesting to see how MyOpinions responds.

I haven't had anything like that, that I can remember.  I think we will see more of this stuff.  People don't want to work for rewards, they would rather steal them.  I hope you get this sorted out.

I dont think they answer very quickly .It's been awhile since I have had to email so I hope they are faster for you.But they do answer which is better then some other sites. 

MyOpinions did get back to me promptly, thanked me for raising the issue with them immediately and asked me to send them a screenshot. (I didn't think of sending a screenshot because I figured they would be able to see what happened on their end.) When I logged in again, everything was back to normal.

It was very, very weird.

Rosiesmom — I don't think someone was trying to steal my points, as "Jennifer" has over 11,000 points in her account. I always cash mine out as soon as I can to guard against fraud or the survey site going under.

All I can think is that there was a glitch at MyOpinions, but as I said, it was very weird. :?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am having trouble with my own MyOpinons account as of yesterday! I finally managed to get to a $50 payout but as soon as I hit redeem my account was terminated. Extremely disappointed as there is no explanation and no response from MyOpinons to my email. Anyone tell how to contact them some other way?

I have enjoyed this site but am unsure about doing any surveys fro any companies if this is what happens ! They do take effort and time! :-(