Experian and One Opinion

footfree

Did you sign up for Paypal with 1 opinion?I have never heard of a survey company checking thru them before .Isn't this place for checking your credit score?I can understand why they would want to do this and I think it's is very clever of them to do but when places make inquires its like a mark on your credit score or is this one like this or not.Not that I'm worried but I am curious.

I am a member of One Opinion and I don't think it is any of their business what is on my experian report.  I don't have anything to hide and my credit is excellent, but a survey company has no business wanting to check out your credit report. I don't know of any other survey company who does this.

I declined and went with their physical mailed rewards instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, love1978 said:

I am a member of One Opinion and I don't think it is any of their business what is on my experian report.  I don't have anything to hide and my credit is excellent, but a survey company has no business wanting to check out your credit report. I don't know of any other survey company who does this.

I declined and went with their physical mailed rewards instead. 

That is too intrusive.  I am seeing more and more that are asking for financial info.  I have stopped doing those.  Even giving them my address isn't OK with me.  No one is going to convince me that they aren't using that information in some way after I have been dq'd. I am not usually a paranoid person, but there is a reason to be, I do believe.

• Like 1

Well apparently this has nothing to do with checking your credit score.What they do is get information from Experian that only you would know and none of the questions are to invasive.In a way it is a good thing.It protects them and myself(well mostly them)from being ripped off.I was asking my husband about this and he has done with with other companies.They ask questions like what is your license plate number,your phone number and so on.They cannot get any personal info like ssn and or your credit score.I went ahead and answered the questions it took  2 minutes and I received my reward within the 1/2 hour. However if I found out someone checked my score and it went against me then ya all hell would break lose.

11 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

That is too intrusive.  I am seeing more and more that are asking for financial info.  I have stopped doing those.  Even giving them my address isn't OK with me.  No one is going to convince me that they aren't using that information in some way after I have been dq'd. I am not usually a paranoid person, but there is a reason to be, I do believe.

The bolded and underlined is what I agree with. 

I'm not trying to convince you I respect that you don't want to, but I will tell what happened to me when I did it.I mean I pressed the button then they went right into the questions apparently it is that  easy . I mean literally 2 seconds and this company knew the exact questions to ask and they knew the answer.I'm guessing they can get it just using your name and email address.It's kinda spooky how invasive the internet has gotten with our information.