One Opinion-My View

peach6

• 2 weeks later...

I've been changed over to One Opinion also and I see that they only give you 50 points for the first 5 Surveys if you don't qualify where My View would give you 100 points for every survey you didn't qualify for.  At least then you didn't feel bad if you didn't qualify for a survey.  So my first qualifed survey with One Opinion took over an hour to complete and when I continued out to get my points I got a message telling me I didn't qualify for the survey and gave me 50 points.  I immediately sent them a message to them.  I don't think they will be as good as My View was.

1 hour ago, donnag said:

So my first qualifed survey with One Opinion took over an hour to complete and when I continued out to get my points I got a message telling me I didn't qualify for the survey and gave me 50 points.  I immediately sent them a message to them.  I don't think they will be as good as My View was.

If so, that'll be a new thing - one of my first surveys with OneOpinion a few months ago, when I first tried them, bugged out like that too. I sent them an irritated message, not expecting to hear anything back, or at best, an unhelpful "we're sorry that happened" response, because that's what everyone else does. I got a response back almost immediately with a real apology and a promise that they'd give me points for it, which, in fact, they did. That's why I'm still using OneOpinion , when I've pretty much ditched 100% of their direct competitors (at the moment, I only use mturk, a handful survey sites that only send you occasional surveys instead of deluging you with them, so the quality's higher, and OneOpinion.) Granted, that was before they merged with myview, so it is certainly possible they've gotten worse (I also haven't had a survey bug out like that since, which is also a good sign for them, but means I can't say one way or the other if their support responsiveness is still good.)

Hi= I haven't posted on here in a while.  I got kind of burned out doing surveys, and did not do very many for awhile.  I got the email from myview that they had merged with OneOpinion, and I just tried to log in to OneOpinion, and they say that my email is not in their records.  I then went to an email from them I got a few days ago, and I tried to log in there, and I was told that I would have to change my email.  When I tried to change my email, it told me that I could not use a previous email.  When I tried to change it to another email, it said the same thing.  Anybody else have this problem?  Thanks

• Like 1

OneOpinion was my #1 favorite site.  $25 cashout, reasonable pay on surveys vs time spent, cashout instant to Paypal was a huge plus.  I've noticed since the merger that OneOpinion pays roughly half what they used to for surveys.  Before it was an average of $.10 per minute; (ie $1 for 10min.)  Soemtimes more, sometimes less.  Now ALL surveys pay less.  I rarely get one with the $.10/min ratio.  Now, more often I see sh*t like 25min for $1, and yesterday I saw one for 45 min/$2.   I complained and said don''t get greedy.  Got a canned answer where they really don't sound like they listened, I dunno, did I really expect them to admit it?  

~~Side Story: Guess what don't do C+R ones that are 20min or over.  I got one that said 45min and it took almost 2hours.   Now, granted, I complained about this and they gave me an extra $2, but should I have to complain every time one of these surveys is grossly underestimated on time?  Also, it was excruciatingly, mind-numbingly tedious to complete because it was all checkboxes and matching activities that are super repetitive and take forever to get through.~~

I just got to the $25 mark.  It said the estimated delivery same day like usual, but now underneath there was a new timeline that said 3 days estimated delivery.  I also got an email that said I could expect payment in 3-4 hours.  So which is it?  It's not instant anymore and it looks like they have a timeline in place for it to take a few days to show up in the future, or possibly already, so that does not appeal to me.  However, for now, it's been an hour, when it used to be instant and I'm not sure if it's coming in a few hours or a few days...

Before the merger, there was no 5 nickels a day for dq's, now there is.  I'd gladly give up the quarter per day to be able to have decent pay for my time on these surveys.

Two companies with different sites have just merged, so yeah I guess it'll be messy.  In the past, I've noticed when survey companies get bigger and have lots of people, they value them less.  I'm worried that the quality will continue to go down and my time will continue to be less and less valued.  We'll see.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2017 at 10:27 PM, Spazmobot said:

OneOpinion was my #1 favorite site.  $25 cashout, reasonable pay on surveys vs time spent, cashout instant to Paypal was a huge plus.  I've noticed since the merger that OneOpinion pays roughly half what they used to for surveys.  Before it was an average of $.10 per minute; (ie $1 for 10min.)  Soemtimes more, sometimes less.  Now ALL surveys pay less.  I rarely get one with the $.10/min ratio.  Now, more often I see sh*t like 25min for $1, and yesterday I saw one for 45 min/$2.   I complained and said don''t get greedy.  Got a canned answer where they really don't sound like they listened, I dunno, did I really expect them to admit it?  

~~Side Story: Guess what don't do C+R ones that are 20min or over.  I got one that said 45min and it took almost 2hours.   Now, granted, I complained about this and they gave me an extra $2, but should I have to complain every time one of these surveys is grossly underestimated on time?  Also, it was excruciatingly, mind-numbingly tedious to complete because it was all checkboxes and matching activities that are super repetitive and take forever to get through.~~

I just got to the $25 mark.  It said the estimated delivery same day like usual, but now underneath there was a new timeline that said 3 days estimated delivery.  I also got an email that said I could expect payment in 3-4 hours.  So which is it?  It's not instant anymore and it looks like they have a timeline in place for it to take a few days to show up in the future, or possibly already, so that does not appeal to me.  However, for now, it's been an hour, when it used to be instant and I'm not sure if it's coming in a few hours or a few days...

Before the merger, there was no 5 nickels a day for dq's, now there is.  I'd gladly give up the quarter per day to be able to have decent pay for my time on these surveys.

Two companies with different sites have just merged, so yeah I guess it'll be messy.  In the past, I've noticed when survey companies get bigger and have lots of people, they value them less.  I'm worried that the quality will continue to go down and my time will continue to be less and less valued.  We'll see.

I got the same message as well about the payments taking 3 to 4 days now. Glad I'm not the only one to get that message.

I can see Myview's fingerprints all over One Opinion, the low payouts, except for special surveys. Some aren't that bad, but some are ridiculous.

However there are more surveys to do now. I just hope there's more variety in the future.

Edit: I got paid for the first time with the "delayed" Paypal. I got paid 72hrs after I put in for payment almost to the minute. So I'm guessing that's how it will work now. Don't know if weekends or holidays will change it, but at least you'll have an idea how long it takes now.

Edited by djjp18
Want to add some new information

Not being a fan.  Not only is the pay abysmal, I'm pretty sick and tired of the constant "what do you wear on your foot" followed by TWO of those stupid street sign quizzes.  Also, for some reason I am not allowed to have electronic payout like paypal.  I am sitting on a little over 40,000 points, and just hanging on until I hit 50 so I can dump this junk heap.  Probably should cash out 25, but I want paypal!

I do not qualify for anything with OneOpinion.  ( And I mean absolutely Nothing!)

However I did quality with MyView.  At least I could get a $25.00 gift card every once and awhile with MyView.

I missed it when they did away with the electronic gift card payments Visa and such.

Good luck to everyone using OneOpinion.

Vickie

I had a problem the other day about payment but recently received it .Yes I got the 3 to 4 hour window payment and after not receiving it the next day I emailed them.They said I would receive it in 3 days because they were implementing new security measurements.Which I think companies should notify you of but it seems it's becoming the norm where they change their policies without saying anything and leaving you up in the air(Harris Poll and Pinecone for example). I did get it so I am happy.I do agree the timing of the surveys are a little off but is that really One opinion's fault if these surveys are routed to them?Plus my daughter got the opportunity to do a  online focus group with them and was paid pretty quickly.I do have PayPal set up with them and have had no problems with that.I wasn't found of them going thru experia or whomever to get the security questions but once I thought about it I was fine.It's not like they can get a hold of your personal info like ssn or other personal info.They only ask you questions that only you would know .Like your license plate number -mothers maiden,thus cutting down on fraudulent accounts or scammers trying to rip them off.For now I'm okay but my one biggest complaint is why do we need to change our account password so often?

I don't think survey sites really need to proactively tell you they're changing something like that - they don't promise immediate payment, after all. I mean, they should say how long it'll take on the payment page itself, so you aren't worried - which theirs does say: I went to the site right now, clicked on paypal, and saw at the top, "Estimated Delivery: May 29, 2017 - May 30, 2017".

I also did indeed recently cash out from OneOpinion (the only site like it I still have left, after ditching OO and GTM, then getting stupidly booted from Valued Opinions), and while I do somewhat miss the immediate cashout, I did receive the expected amount, in approximately the expected timeframe (cashed out Monday night, received it Friday morning).

12 hours ago, Not-a-Sucker said:

Not being a fan.  Not only is the pay abysmal, I'm pretty sick and tired of the constant "what do you wear on your foot" followed by TWO of those stupid street sign quizzes.  Also, for some reason I am not allowed to have electronic payout like paypal.  I am sitting on a little over 40,000 points, and just hanging on until I hit 50 so I can dump this junk heap.  Probably should cash out 25, but I want paypal!

To get Paypal you need to go through their qualification, if you fail it for some reason you can change your password and it'll make you do it again.

I had it one time, but had to update my password, and then it failed for some reason, and then changed my password did it again and passed.

It's just for security and once you pass it you don't have to do it again, unless you change your information.

9 hours ago, neminem said:

I don't think survey sites really need to proactively tell you they're changing something like that - they don't promise immediate payment, after all. I mean, they should say how long it'll take on the payment page itself, so you aren't worried - which theirs does say:

When I cashed out it said 3 to 4 hours.Nowhere did it state 3 days.The only way I found out is when I emailed them and asked about the payment.So in mho if they are going to change the rules mid air then they should state so at time of cash out.BTW I cashed out on 5/22 (morning)and didn't receive a email from them until 5/24 saying they had made this change so I was left up in the air thinking I wasn't getting my money .So while you received the notice I did not.Not sure why they tell some of us and not others.I think we all need to remember that without us there wouldn't be a business for them.I just want a little respect that's all.And like you, I can wait a few extra days to be paid,but a heads up that its happening would be nice too.It would cut down on the amount of emails they would get asking where 's my money.