Anybody else having problems with the "new" Pinecone Surveys?

TomServo

Yeah, I just noticed the lack of Firefox support for the first time today too, which is pretty dumb. Crazy that they'd roll out a brand new system using an obsoleted technology - one thing to keep using an existing system out of inertia, but implementing a system from scratch that doesn't work on a major browser, that's insanity. 

I use Chrome often enough too, though, so it's not totally the end of the world. Works fine in Chrome. 

Uh oh!  I just dq'd from household questions.  Oh no, I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.  And I couldn't do it on Firefox, I had to go into useless Google.  UGH!!!!!

I finally am having problems as of today. Can't use Firefox there any more so they said to use Chrome which I did. It takes forever for a page to load so I finally gave up and sent an email. If this keeps up I will have to close my account after years of dealing with them.

• Like 1

Seems Chrome was having problems Wednesday so everything was slow. Pinecone knows they have a problem with Firefox and they are trying to fix it. Today when I tried Chrome everything worked fine with Pinecone surveys.

The problem isn't with Firefox as much as it is with Flash. Firefox no longer uses Flash, and the Chromium based browsers (Google Chrome, Opera, etc.) are phasing it out. Even Microsoft has disabled it by default in their Edge browser with the latest major Windows 10 update (or so I have read.... still boycotting Windows 10 myself).

Flash is crap, and the Internet corporations are finally accepting that reality and are moving on accordingly. Pinecone and/or whomever provides these router surveys should do the same. Because eventually the other browsers are going to drop Flash completely, just as Mozilla has (they too started out by restricting Flash, as Google, Opera, and Microsoft are now doing.)

• Like 2

Yes, I'm having problems with Pinecone Research surveys. I'm on a Dell desktop using Firefox and everything is current. I don't have time to mess with these types of surveys so I just skip them and move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sybilolrm69301 said:

Yes, I'm having problems with Pinecone Research surveys. I'm on a Dell desktop using Firefox and everything is current. I don't have time to mess with these types of surveys so I just skip them and move on.

That's because they don't work in Firefox right now - the most recent survey I got from them even stated that explicitly in the email. The workaround is, obviously, don't use Firefox. (They're working on it, they say.)

Still think that's dumb, and that it's also dumb that they can now make you enter your demographics and then disqualify you, where previously they would filter out surveys you didn't qualify for based on demographics so you didn't have to waste your time... but I can confirm, assuming you're not using Firefox, the new surveys do work (I just qualified for and completed my first one using the new implementation, a couple hours ago.)

• Like 1

I was in it for years and she wanted me out. now I remarried and have another last name and I rejoined Pinecone and she twice sent me a survey and wanted me to use my own password and every  time I put my own password in. it does not let me it. I emailed Pinecone and she only keeps asking me for the survey number and never tells me what to do. they lie to you. Pinecone use to give me five dollars and now she only gives three dollars. I decided I will never do a survey for Pinecone again

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, episemion said:

Exact same thing happens to me. No matter what browser , the screen just sits there "loading". I waited one time for 30 minutes (timed it) and a message came on the screen saying that it works best in certain browsers (NOTE: it did not say others would not work). The response I got back from Pinecone was that Javascript needs to be enabled. Strange thing is that in all browsers tried , it was enabled! It can't be Flash as I have that enabled on my system. 

Definitely something in their approach causing the issue.

Same exact problems here and I'm truly disgusted.  Pinecone was the greatest, right up till the merger and since it's been getting worse with each and every survey attempt.  Their tired, trite generic form letter replies don't help either.

• Like 2

So they just sent me a survey  and this was the first time  it came back and said I had  to use a different browser   so I m guessing Firefox is not going to be able to be used any more with them

These "router" surveys never work for me, I'm using a Chromebook so Chrome is the only browser I can use at the moment.

Well I have gotten a few of these Pinecone "Project #************ A New Survey Opportunity 'May' Be Available.............................:?

I have never completed one these so called "answer some basic household questions and then you may be immediately sent into a survey opportunity that best matches you"........................................................................:ph34r:

I wish they hadn't changed.......................................:roll: 

I have one sitting in my inbox that came today....................................:huh:

• Like 1

Well, I got an invite, but they are iffy now ya know.  So I tried it in Firefox, nope.  Had to go into Google to open it, it had a couple of questions and it routed me to the survey and as soon as I put my password in and hit "enter", I was taken to a screen telling me that the survey had been closed.  Soooooo, I guess this is how it goes now.  It seems that possibly, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, that if you have people completing surveys offered, everyone makes money.  If they aren't paying you anything for people attempting surveys, what would be the sense in moving to that type of format? 

• Like 1