Anybody else having problems with the "new" Pinecone Surveys?

TomServo

By which, of course, I mean the new "router survey" they recently started using. They are not loading for me at all. Tried it in Firefox, tried it in Opera (which is now a Chromium derivative). Tried from both Windows and Linux. Won't do anything.

If these things require some outdated insecure resource hog like Java or Flash (neither of which will be on my computer again) then somebody needs to bring their router into the 21st century. Other than that, I can't figure out why it's not functional.

The more "traditional" Pinecone surveys are still working fine, of course.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TomServo said:

By which, of course, I mean the new "router survey" they recently started using. They are not loading for me at all. Tried it in Firefox, tried it in Opera (which is now a Chromium derivative). Tried from both Windows and Linux. Won't do anything.

If these things require some outdated insecure resource hog like Java or Flash (neither of which will be on my computer again) then somebody needs to bring their router into the 21st century. Other than that, I can't figure out why it's not functional.

There is another topic on this forum that a lot of people are having trouble with the router

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomServo said:

Exact same thing happens to me. No matter what browser , the screen just sits there "loading". I waited one time for 30 minutes (timed it) and a message came on the screen saying that it works best in certain browsers (NOTE: it did not say others would not work). The response I got back from Pinecone was that Javascript needs to be enabled. Strange thing is that in all browsers tried , it was enabled! It can't be Flash as I have that enabled on my system. 

Definitely something in their approach causing the issue.

• Like 1

I never qualify , just send me one you know I  qualify for like you have been doing.But maybe they are stopping this because how can you get viable  info if all anyone does is agree with what they are saying in hopes of the chance of getting a PT to do ?If you don't like it say so- I believe they are people out there who would say they would buy something just for the chance of getting a free product.Which is just as bad in mho.

Okay  update had to go internet explorer  browser  getting tired of trying to figure out which browser to use on  the different surveys

They sent me one that was not a router and said I didn't qualify.Guess they have joined the band wagon and have decided to waste peoples time.

• Like 1

I had a Household Questions (normal type) a couple weeks ago as well as this week. I also received an "old style" survey last week and a PT as a result.

However , in the same time frame , I have received 3-4 of the Router Surveys , not a one of which would work. Every email to them regarding those came back with a canned response "to try a different browser" (had tried several , noted in my mail) and "that their surveys need Javascript enabled" (it was in every browser tried , noted in my email).

I've also been given the *different browser* response, as well as the *java needs to be enabled* reply.  Very frustrating, this used to be my favorite survey site.

• Like 2

Looks like they have debugged this new system, to some extent. The router surveys will now load in Opera (and thus, should also load in any other Chromium based browsers.) They also claim to run in both Internet Explorer & Edge, but I won't use that Micro$oft swiss cheese. It apparently will not run on Firefox at all, which apparently means it is a Flash-based router app (Firefox no longer runs Flash as of version #53).

I can deal with using Opera, but I really wish Pinecone (and the rest of the corporations doing business on the internet) would get the memo and realize that Flash is a resource wasting, insecure, piece of 1995 technology crap, and that's why Mozilla finally pulled the plug on them. Opera at least offers the option to "restrict" the use of Flash to only "important" tasks, but who defines what that means, as far as the browser code is concerned?? 

• Like 1