Amazon lowered shipping price again?

footfree

Just went there to see if they had a product and next to it it said free shipping at $25.00.I'm like whoa I like that much better.

• Like 2

I found this from 1 day ago. The website is horrible so I copy/pasted it. Sounds like Walmart might have forced the lowered minimum but the shipping time will also be increased unless you area a Prime member (obviously).

Looking to save a few bucks when you pick up a new game, some books, or the newly unveiled Amazon Echo Show? You might be in luck. Amazon appears to have dropped its free shipping minimum to $25 — just months after it had already lowered it to $35 from $49, making this the first time Amazon's cap has been at the $25 mark since 2013, according to BestBlackFriday. Originally, orders containing only books valued at $25 and up could be mailed for free, but now it appears that any qualifying orders of that amount or more can be shipped anywhere in the US without paying shipping and handling costs. Though Amazon didn't say why it's lowered its rates, speculation is that competition from fellow big-box retailer Walmart spurred the decrease. It is widely believed that Walmart's recent two-day shipping policy announced earlier this year prompted Amazon's first shipping minimum dip, while Wally World's new Store Pickup service — which allows customers to pick up their online orders in-store for a discount — may have pushed Amazon to dig even deeper. It's worth noting that Amazon's site states that orders shipped for free will take approximately 5-8 business days. Comparatively, those who shell out $99/year for Amazon Prime are eligible for unlimited free two-day shipping on all qualifying purchases, as well as a laundry list of other perks.

• Like 1

Well I'm glad I'm not a Prime Member or I would be a little peeved.I mean yeah 5-8 days is a little long, but it's doable .I guess they don't think there will be a back lash for this or they wouldn't have done it.

7 hours ago, footfree said:

Well I'm glad I'm not a Prime Member or I would be a little peeved.I mean yeah 5-8 days is a little long, but it's doable .I guess they don't think there will be a back lash for this or they wouldn't have done it.

I'm a prime member, and I'm not peeved at all, in fact, I welcome it. $25 is a lot more reasonable of a price, which I think will make Amazon more money, and as a long-time Amazon purchaser (not to mention stockholder, of one single share, but still), I support decisions that make them more money. Still more than "any purchase at all", though - the convenience is pretty much, as is the shipping speed. Plus, we also use Amazon Video, and my wife uses their streaming music service as well.

Just wish there were an easy legit way to pay for Prime using all this agc cash I keep building up due to this hobby. 

I am going to sign my daughter up for the student Prime membership.  I can put $$ in her account and she can order her cosmetics and stuff as she needs them.  It will cost me less in the long run with shipping costs being out of control.  Plus she will have to make better decisions about what she afford. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I am going to sign my daughter up for the student Prime membership.  I can put $$ in her account and she can order her cosmetics and stuff as she needs them.  It will cost me less in the long run with shipping costs being out of control.  Plus she will have to make better decisions about what she afford. 

LOL_-If your daughter learns this can she teach my daughter have to save?She tells her friends when she needs something she makes sure to bring the wallet called Dad along with her............at least it isn't called  Mom.(she knows better;).

• Like 1

I am hoping that she gets some common sense about this stuff Footfree.  I am the wallet here.  And sometimes dad will give her money and the stinker lets me give her money as well.  Usually it all comes out the in the wash.  I can't wait to see what I get myself for Mother's Day!

• Like 1