MySurvey account inactive

episemion

I've had very few surveys over the past month but up until yesterday I was still able to log in and check.  Today I go to look and... inactive account.  What???  I've been with them for years!  I already contacted them but I don't hold out much hope given the posts here.  I also have a PayPal payment from them pending from last week that now I have no idea if it'll even come. 

Are they deleting negative comments on their Facebook?  Because I can't find anything over there even remotely about surveys, everyone's just commenting on their stupid posts which I find very hard to believe.  I opened up messenger since it said they were on but silence, of course.

Edit: For those who haven't heard back from mysurvey, has anyone tried contacting Lightspeed?  I just sent them a message so don't know if anything will come from it but thought maybe if enough people did it, it might get them to take it seriously.  http://www.lightspeedresearch.com/contact-us/  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NaomiNo said:

I've had very few surveys over the past month but up until yesterday I was still able to log in and check.  Today I go to look and... inactive account.  What???  I've been with them for years!  I already contacted them but I don't hold out much hope given the posts here.  I also have a PayPal payment from them pending from last week that now I have no idea if it'll even come. 

Are they deleting negative comments on their Facebook?  Because I can't find anything over there even remotely about surveys, everyone's just commenting on their stupid posts which I find very hard to believe.  I opened up messenger since it said they were on but silence, of course.

Edit: For those who haven't heard back from MySurvey, has anyone tried contacting Lightspeed?  I just sent them a message so don't know if anything will come from it but thought maybe if enough people did it, it might get them to take it seriously.  http://www.lightspeedresearch.com/contact-us/  

Not sure if anything will come of it because My Survey and Lightspeed are the same now

I was under the impression that Lightspeed is the head honcho of everything and mysurvey and GTM are under their umbrella of companies/services - is that incorrect?

I remember a few years ago when ACOP started with their slow payout nonsense and were ignoring emails or giving canned responses, a lot of people (myself included) resorted to emailing Decision Analyst's CEO and in the beginning he actually replied to us and was able to get our money sent out quickly so I figured it was worth a shot here to try to get the higher ups to direct us or our information to someone who may actually respond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NaomiNo said:

I was under the impression that Lightspeed is the head honcho of everything and MySurvey and GTM are under their umbrella of companies/services - is that incorrect?

I remember a few years ago when ACOP started with their slow payout nonsense and were ignoring emails or giving canned responses, a lot of people (myself included) resorted to emailing Decision Analyst's CEO and in the beginning he actually replied to us and was able to get our money sent out quickly so I figured it was worth a shot here to try to get the higher ups to direct us or our information to someone who may actually respond.

Post with an update if you get a response

Today, 7/12/17,  my account was finally reinstated.  I again  filled out a help desk request.  There excuse for making my account inactive was that I either requested to be removed or didn't do any surveys.  Since June 1st,  there is a message in my account saying "sorry, there are no surveys compatible with your device at this time." this message is still in my account today, even after being reinstated.  I would like to know what device I am suppose to be using, as I always use the same pc I have for the past 10 years.  Isn't a windows 10 pc a compatible device to use?   I also never asked to be removed as a panelist.   Lets see how long I am reinstated because they still aren't sending me any surveys.

Been awhile since I was here **.

I did get the account restored. Seems they wanted me to change my PW. How I was to do that when I was locked out is beyond me. Took 5 days to clear that up. Then , a few weeks later , while I could access the account OK , all survey activity ceased. After several help requests , 2 weeks later they said that I was accessing the site from outside the country. HUH??? I live in the US and the ISP is in the US. My IP address points to a US server. After several back and forth messages (including on FB) , the account is now OK again (but for how long?).

** - Used to be able to log into the site easily and post / read forum sections. A few months ago that ceased overnight. Accessing the site alone took 15 minutes , then the same to open a section , and so on. Managed to get in this time in under 10 minutes total , so we'll see how it goes.

I got mine back as well. Under suspension of my account was hacked. I changed my password. But their site has been down past few days. 

So far the only place I've gotten a response is from FB messenger but it's going around in circles.  They want my support ticket number so they can label it a priority, I said I don't have one because I can't access the support desk portion of the site because I can't log in, just the generic contact us forms, and those don't give me a number after I submit it.  Then they ask for my email associated with it, I give it to them, and they tell me they can't find any requests so they tell me to make a new one from a different generic contact us form.  I gave them ALL the information that had been in the support requests in the FB chat so they could just work from that or forward it to whoever can, I really don't see the point of having me fill out multiple support requests all saying the same thing that just clog up the system.

Glad to see people are getting their accounts back, that gives me hope this will get resolved.

I hadn't heard back from anyone since it was the weekend but very early this morning I got a password reminder email out nowhere.  So I go to mysurvey, try logging in... and apparently my account is back?? I looked in the Help Center and it seems they not only got one of the messages I sent through their contact forms, but in their reply is also the message I sent through the Lightspeed website so I have no clue which one actually got their attention.  Anyway, like a few others have already said, my inactivity was also due to potential hacking.  Part of the message reads:

Thank you for your message and getting in touch through LightspeedResearch as well.

We apologize for the difficulties you have had in contacting us.

The account was suspended for security reasons as we noticed suspicious access from abroad - unless you have been out of the country in recently, we suspect a hacked account.

At this time we have reactivated the account, but need to ask that you go into your MySurvey account and change the password to make the account secure again. The current password for your account has been sent to you in a separate email.

I'm happy to have my account back but this begs the question: if this is all it takes to fix the problem and the problem isn't with the member but an outside entity/crap security, then why not contact us through email to tell us that and give us a chance to change our passwords instead of just kicking us off the site with no warning?

Same as when they locked my account when they wanted the PW changed. No way to access the account to even change it!

Having had my account access back for awhile after the site saw me as accessing it from outside the US (no other site has that issue) and doing surveys once again , I got the dreaded Beverage Diary on Wednesday. Started it that day. On Thursday , after entering the 2nd day's data , did the "save & logout". When I went back to the site to continue the remaining surveys , all of those along with the diary were gone. Filed a ticket and the reply on Friday was a canned one stating that I was accessing the site from outside the US. However , all surveys , including the diary , were restored.

Never have had any such issue on their site until the past couple of months nor on any other sites. I'm in the US , access the net via a US server , and my IP address points to that server. Something strange has got to be going on at that site! 

Slightly off topic but regarding the Beverage Diary - has anyone had a problem in recent months with it asking if you want to save a beverage, showing it in the sidebar as saved, but then when you add it to the diary it just makes you fill everything out as if it wasn't a saved favorite over and over?  Just wondering if that's happening to everyone or if it's a problem with my browser or something because it used to work fine but not in a while.

You are not the only one having that issue with saving favorites. I've been getting it for at least 6-7 months now. I have filed tickets about it , but the responses have all had absolutely nothing to do with the subject (typical there).

The other issue that has been happening about as long with the Beverage Diaries is that after completing and clicking "Submit" , an error screen comes up. You will get the points , but instead of right away , it will be 2-3 weeks later.