You know your day is going bad when

calafan

You have a balance of 95 points on Opinion Outpost, complete a 5 point survey, prepare to cash out, and get credited 4 points for the survey. In almost 6 years on Op Out I have never before seen a 4 point survey.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, calafan said:

You have a balance of 95 points on Opinion Outpost, complete a 5 point survey, prepare to cash out, and get credited 4 points for the survey. In almost 6 years on Op Out I have never before seen a 4 point survey.

This is pretty normal for OO these days

• Like 2

Yeah, OO has got cheap as of late, the 5 point surveys are now worth 4, 10 point surveys worth 8 and so on. And the thing that drives me up the wall is there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.  A ten minute survey could be worth 4 points the same way a 6-8 minute one could be.   I still take them, but certainly a pain in the tuckus. 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2017 at 0:25 AM, paulgro said:

I quit them over a month ago and don't miss them. I also quit Survey Spot the same day.

I hear ya. I had been sitting on the 95 points for awhile, waiting for the chance to cash out. Once I do I'll probably jettison them as well.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 0:03 PM, Cliche01 said:

Yeah, OO has got cheap as of late, the 5 point surveys are now worth 4, 10 point surveys worth 8 and so on. And the thing that drives me up the wall is there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.  A ten minute survey could be worth 4 points the same way a 6-8 minute one could be.   I still take them, but certainly a pain in the tuckus. 

I've been using them sparingly over the last couple of months. Are they routinely posting surveys with one point value and then just crediting the smaller amount?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, calafan said:

I hear ya. I had been sitting on the 95 points for awhile, waiting for the chance to cash out. Once I do I'll probably jettison them as well.

There was a time both were good places but not any more it seems. Not that many surveys and the ones you do get hardly pay anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paulgro said:

There was a time both were good places but not any more it seems. Not that many surveys and the ones you do get hardly pay anything.

When I first started with them most of their surveys averaged a point a minute. I've seen a steady decline since them. I guess their approach is keep cutting as long as there are enough people still willing to take the surveys.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, calafan said:

When I first started with them most of their surveys averaged a point a minute. I've seen a steady decline since them. I guess their approach is keep cutting as long as there are enough people still willing to take the surveys.

I do surveys as a hobby but some people do them for extra cash. We take these surveys which really is work but companies like OO think you should work for free or next to it. Many survey takers are now looking at what they get paid before taking surveys. Places like Survey Police is the place everyone needs to join and see what other survey takers are saying.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, paulgro said:

I do surveys as a hobby but some people do them for extra cash. We take these surveys which really is work but companies like OO think you should work for free or next to it. Many survey takers are now looking at what they get paid before taking surveys. Places like Survey Police is the place everyone needs to join and see what other survey takers are saying.

I pretty much limit myself to surveys that offer a minimum of 10 cents a minute plus some lower quoted ones from companies that I know from experience tend to go quicker than estimated or will be somewhat interesting.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, calafan said:

I pretty much limit myself to surveys that offer a minimum of 10 cents a minute plus some lower quoted ones from companies that I know from experience tend to go quicker than estimated or will be somewhat interesting.

My thing is time. I use to take surveys no matter what the time was and started finding that over 20 minutes chances are they would throw you out so they didn't have to pay you for the information you gave them. Now I will only do 20 minutes or less and seem to do a lot better that way. Sites I know won't try to dump you for nothing I will go a little longer doing their surveys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulgro said:

My thing is time. I use to take surveys no matter what the time was and started finding that over 20 minutes chances are they would throw you out so they didn't have to pay you for the information you gave them. Now I will only do 20 minutes or less and seem to do a lot better that way. Sites I know won't try to dump you for nothing I will go a little longer doing their surveys.

Plus the over 20's tend to underestimate the actual time they take, or else just take longer because you get exhausted trying to slog through them. If I had my choice I'd spend all my time doing 5 minute surveys at 50 cents a pop.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 6:21 PM, calafan said:

Plus the over 20's tend to underestimate the actual time they take, or else just take longer because you get exhausted trying to slog through them. If I had my choice I'd spend all my time doing 5 minute surveys at 50 cents a pop.

I do pretty goo with 20 or under but not over 20 minutes.

• Like 1

This used to be such a good site did very well with them but it has changed a lot I still go on the site daily and try to complete a survey if I complete one great but if after 3 DQ I move on.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 7:58 PM, calafan said:

I would file a complaint with the BBB, here's the details to start a complaint:

Business Name:    Survey Sampling International, LLC
Address:    Shelton, CT 06484
Phone:    (203) 567-7200
http://www.bbb.org/connecticut

• Like 1