Giving Up On Surveys?

Cliche01

I've found myself lately giving up on surveys in the middle of them and saying to heck with it all.  Sometimes it's length, being poorly written, being repetitive or just not being interesting (why do surveys ask what products you do use, then focus on the ones you say you don't).  Anyone else gone through a phase like this where you feel like do I really want to put up with this nonsense for just a few points or cents? 

• Like 3

YES. I've been feeling this way a lot lately. We put so much time and effort into these surveys, for minimal rewards. I've been doing this for a very long time, but I don't think I'm going to do it for much longer. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cliche01 said:

I've found myself lately giving up on surveys in the middle of them and saying to heck with it all.  Sometimes it's length, being poorly written, being repetitive or just not being interesting (why do surveys ask what products you do use, then focus on the ones you say you don't).  Anyone else gone through a phase like this where you feel like do I really want to put up with this nonsense for just a few points or cents? 

I also have done that lately I don't want to do a long survey for 50 cents I will just close it because I don't want to start putting any old answer in just to finish that is not something I feel good about so just close is the better option

• Like 2

Yeah I am feeling it more and more lately .I am really tired of Ipsos   start doing the survey and after answering several  questions  then they come back with OOPS sorry   and here is 5 points .

• Like 3

Ditto.  I don't know if it's because I was on vacation for a few weeks, and didn't do any, or I'm just sick of the abuse and lousy pay after 8 years.  I'm seriously considering dumping the bulk of the sites, and sticking with a select few.  I just don't need to aggravation for a lousy 20 cents.  But I know what you mean about dumping them in the middle.  After so long, you just know the crappy ones (what time do you watch each of these 150 channels).  I don't even bother with them. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Not-a-Sucker said:

Ditto.  I don't know if it's because I was on vacation for a few weeks, and didn't do any, or I'm just sick of the abuse and lousy pay after 8 years.  I'm seriously considering dumping the bulk of the sites, and sticking with a select few.  I just don't need to aggravation for a lousy 20 cents.  But I know what you mean about dumping them in the middle.  After so long, you just know the crappy ones (what time do you watch each of these 150 channels).  I don't even bother with them. 

Haha, yeah, what time do you watch each of these 150 channels, how many times have you been to a restaurant,  rented a movie, shopped at a particular store, bought a particular item in the past year, as if people keep a list. 

• Like 1

Yes on what Cliche01 just said about the 150 channels. The worst thing to me is when you get to the demographics, think you're at the end and then they start all over with questions. Or they start out like a normal survey and when you're 15 minutes into it, they hit you with hundreds of boxes on each page. That's when I just leave.  Other times I say "I've gotten this far, not going to quit now" (which is why they do this to us).  I have written to companies about this but they don't care. I guess many of us are feeling the same. I see 100 invitations on my email in the morning and sometimes just delete all of them. Depends on my mood but I am getting tired of doing these.

• Like 3

I feel bad about it  but sometimes after doing tons and tons of stupid  if the place was a person  how would they be  I start clicking all the boxes .On Epoll they are always asking about tv shows .So many  in fact I am always hoping they have a bunch I have either never heard of or only have heard of  so i can zip through

• Like 1

How about what credits cards do you have - how much you spend on each one each month .How much do you spend each day- how many times do you go to the bathroom- how many times do you open a door- and best of all how many times do I say screw you I don't have the time for this?Ya life is to short and I'm to fed up .I wish I had the DQ button to give to them............it may be called a middle finger but they haven't invented a key for that on my keyboard.

Sorry ........but  sometimes the way they treat us sparks anger management issues in me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lurkergirl said:

I feel bad about it  but sometimes after doing tons and tons of stupid  if the place was a person  how would they be  I start clicking all the boxes .On Epoll they are always asking about tv shows .So many  in fact I am always hoping they have a bunch I have either never heard of or only have heard of  so i can zip through

Have you ever noticed how many of the shows listed aren't even on tv anymore and haven't been on tv in some time.They need to freshen that list up.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 7:45 PM, footfree said:

Have you ever noticed how many of the shows listed aren't even on tv anymore and haven't been on tv in some time.They need to freshen that list up.

Yes I have

• 4 weeks later...