Have a problem with Opinion OutPost? Submit a BBB complaint

schludermann

Having problems with Opinion Outpost, like a frozen account or data "concerns"? And support is very unhelpful?

I would file a complaint with the BBB, here's the details to start a complaint:

Business Name:    Survey Sampling International, LLC
Address:    Shelton, CT 06484
Phone:    (203) 567-7200
http://www.bbb.org/connecticut

While I have gone and will go again to the BBB they cannot always get the problem solved.So don't go in thinking that this issue will be resolved -they did help me once with erewards but not every time.

Hundreds are having a problem-check out their facebook page with tons of complaints and nobody at OO admitting there is something wrong!

• Like 2

I've been with them about 10 years..  I'm currently locked out of my account 'for data concerns' also.. and my Ipoll account which is also SSI is also 'terminated'.. Wrote in a few days ago with no reply as yet.

Knock on wood haven't had any issues with OO but maybe just lucky. You can always call. Number is on their website. I have gotten a better response the few times I've had issues with them by calling than by email.

1 hour ago, JD said:

Knock on wood haven't had any issues with OO but maybe just lucky. You can always call. Number is on their website. I have gotten a better response the few times I've had issues with them by calling than by email.

They are not answering their phones-literally hundreds of people in the last month have had their accounts frozen-posts are all over the internet. When you do call you now get an answering machine asking you to leave your email-its as bad as emailing them-they are barely responding to anybody as of right now.

There is something seriously wrong with the technology they are using to detect "data concerns"

32 minutes ago, Marks said:

They are not answering their phones-literally hundreds of people in the last month have had their accounts frozen-posts are all over the internet. When you do call you now get an answering machine asking you to leave your email-its as bad as emailing them-they are barely responding to anybody as of right now.

There is something seriously wrong with the technology they are using to detect "data concerns"

Well there goes that route. When I started with them going on almost 4 years now, they had this software employed that basically bounced you out of surveys for various reasons including fraud, etc. That software didn't work very well either. Haven't see that in years or anything on the surface since it went away but obviously they're still running something and coming up with these data concerns. Or as posted, maybe that's their way of kicking you out when you've been taking their surveys for too long. Pretty disconcerting in any case for a company that asks for honest answers at its core.

1 hour ago, JD said:

Well there goes that route. When I started with them going on almost 4 years now, they had this software employed that basically bounced you out of surveys for various reasons including fraud, etc. That software didn't work very well either. Haven't see that in years or anything on the surface since it went away but obviously they're still running something and coming up with these data concerns. Or as posted, maybe that's their way of kicking you out when you've been taking their surveys for too long. Pretty disconcerting in any case for a company that asks for honest answers at its core.

It is not just people who have been with them for a long time-some only a few months. Go to the 00 facebook-hundreds of posts of people being frozen this month in the comment section. Its crazy- and the craziest is OO giving canned responses and not taking any responsibility as to why  its happening.

Me- 8 years with 00 and my accout is frozen-happened last week.

That seems to be the norm for companies lately- they have problems and or implement new systems and they do not let their panelist know anything about it.Happened when Harris Poll switched to a new format - they did not give anyone the heads up and people were left scrambling to what had happened.They did end up clearing the situation so maybe that is what will happen here.As for them telling you what's going on I would say your screwed until it's over and if and when they fix it will be a matter of time.If it wasn't for us the panelist doing their surveys they would not have a business so you would think they would treat us better -but they wont.

I am having the same problems with Opinion Outpost and Survey Spot. I have been locked out of my account. It says that my account is frozen because of data concerns, I have wrote to them but no response to my questions.I have been with these companies for a lot of years and this has never happen.

• Like 1

I can tell you for now, this is completely done by mistake in most cases.

I have been so loyal to OO for years. I have stuck up for them here and each week I do countless surveys. Trust me when I say I read every part of the survey carefully and answer honestly. (Thats always been the case. if it wasn't, why wasn't my account closed at any point in the last 5 years of being a member?)

Today I went to log in and yep, account closed because of data concerns.

I have been an IPOLL member for over 10 years. I have apparently had my account deactivated as well:

Hello Shawn,

After a thorough review of your account, our Accounts Department has determined that the activity on your account has violated our terms and conditions. Unfortunately, accounts that violate our terms and conditions can no longer be restored. Our Accounts Department has made the final decision to permanently deactivate your membership along with your account balance.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We value our members as well as our clients who make important decisions based on input from the responses our members provide.  

For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions under Unauthorized Uses and  Suspension; Termination; De-activation of Panel Membership Accounts https://www.ipoll.com/en/policies/terms/general

Kind regards,

Sarah
iPoll Helpdesk
https://www.ipoll.com/

• Like 2

That all sounds bogus to me.  What data concerns?  I call BS on that type of activity.  I used to be with iPoll, but they are long gone on my radar. They should have to spell it out, what you did, etc. 

• Like 1

I will never understand it.

They are a business. All of us who do surveys as well as those companies that commission the surveys are where OO's profit comes from. 

They have 2 sets of clients that commission surveys, 1 who they deal with direct (and make the surveys available on their own SSI platform), the other they have no direct affiliation with but offer to push these to members through their website (3rd party surveys hosted on different platforms).

The 3rd party hosted surveys are often where it goes wrong as OO have no control over the way these work. They can often be buggy and there's a few specifically I regularly have problems with....

Ourvoice (It will often say at the end "we cannot record your survey data, this may be because you rushed through the answers. Even at times where the survey is 10 minutes long but I have taken 20 minutes to complete the survey).

KTRMR (Pot luck with this 1. Sometimes at the end it will redirect back to OO and I will be credited fine, other times the platform will bug out with a "lbl technical error" scripting error page)

Harris Poll (Towards the end it asks a question to make sure you are paying attention. This is normally "please select the 4th response". In the list there are 5 responses so by "4th response" what does that mean? 4th from top? 4th from the bottom?, picking the wrong 1 will mean disqualification).

Any of these 3 could give a false flag on the members account. It seems in some cases they won't even review this, even for long term members who are loyal.

I'm still hoping they make my account active again. If not I will look at my options and put a complaint in against them with trading standards