I've done pretty well at MyPoints

ErgoProxy

Since last Sept. or so they started doing lots of surveys and I started racking up lots of reward points. I redeem most of them at Amazon because you can get almost anything there. But I have done it at Sears and Staples too. At Sears I redeemed $100 right at the store. An associate let me get online to redeem (I don't have a smartphone). He wrote down the code number and I bought an air compressor that was on sale for $90. The most recent reward I redeemed was at Staples to get a new all-in-one printer. I had also redeemed $100.  Last year I redeemed $100 for Amazon for a bike headlight for my mountain bike. I have also redeemed for Amazon to get a variety of items. A nice $47 torque wrench for my bike, an LED headlamp for my head, a new strap for my wristwatch and a variety of other things I can't think of right now. I already have enough points for another $200 I can redeem. I will soon redeem $100 for Amazon to get a Roku 4 Ultra.

On top of that are reward points for my credit card. I am also working on Swagbucks (pretty much a clone of mypoints as it's run by the same company). And from a survey at mypoints I got hooked up with Digital Dashboard. That isn't a survey at all. They give you a device to hook into your router and it's totally passive. Since last July (when I started with it) I have earned $200 in reward points. Those can be cashed in for credit card gift cards.

I stopped doing surveys with them a few years back.  I could take an hour long survey and I got 50 points for it.  I have cashed out a few times, but mostly for $25 gift cards.  I was not aware that they belonged to the same company as SB.  I used to use MP for shopping, and did so so with it.  I use SB now and ebates.  I won't hook anything up to my router, too much a chance of something going wrong.  I am glad you have been able to redeem for so much money.  It took me 2 years to cash  out with them the first time.

Well, MP wasn't always a survey site. I used to just accumulate points by clicking on e-mail links collecting 5 points at a time. Then they had started with searches to acquire points. They had a tool bar and I would get 5 points for every search. So I would just run a lot of searches and that accumulated points at a faster rate. But it wasn't until they started with the surveys last summer. When they first started it I was racking up points pretty fast too. Last Dec the best day I ever had I got over 900 points on. And most days I got over 300 and some days were over 500. But now since they took on SB they seemed to have slowed down but I still do fairly well with it.

• Like 1

Wow, I have been with them quite a while, and I do remember the clicks for 5 points, those have dried up mostly now.  And the searches changed last year I think.  I gave up on those.  I used to get 100 or more a month, and now it is down to 14.  I can get better odds at SB.

I'm finding better results at MP. But SB and MP are pretty much the same company now and offer the same surveys. They both have that Peanut Lab crap. PL cheats people out of surveys. They tell you you're a match and when you go to the survey then you get "bummer, not a match". I hate when they run you pretty far through a survey and tell you you're not a match. Sometime I do the full survey and get that message too. Then I complain to MP and they do give me the points. I always start out with "Peanut Labs has done it again...."

Sometimes at MP after I complete a survey I'll get "our quota has been filled" kind of a message and cheated out of points. I complain and they give me the points.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to make great points but the price of the rewards went up and they did away with some of the cards that I was interested in.  I don't do much with them anymore.  But I used to use them almost exclusively.

I just redeemed another $100 for Amazon and bought myself a Roku 4 Ultra (about $109 + tax). I covered the difference with my Mastercard reward points. I still have more than $100 worth of points that I just keep adding to.

I'm using them too. MP and SB are run by the same company. Basically the same surveys. After about a month I'm up over 8,000 points so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got some other free stuff, nothing to do with surveys either. More like from writing reviews of stuff I bought through Amazon. Sometimes I receive emails from companies that ask me to review their products, but they weren't any  products I had an interest in and they weren't free either, although they were greatly discounted or just pay shipping. So I just didn't reply to them. But about a month ago this company (Tenergy) contacts me about a battery charger and two 18650 LiPo batteries to review, and 100% free! The charger sells for $45 and the batteries for $24. So I said YES. I received them about 2 1/2 week later. I'm happy with the charger and batteries too! Yesterday they asked me to do a $20 LED desk lamp. So I said YES to that too. Also 100% free. I don't know why they want me to review the desk lamp.  I checked it out on Amazon and it already has 247 reviews. The battery charger only had 8 which I thought was enough too. I hope I keep get more stuff like that anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been a member since 2000 and I have seen points awarded for Web searches drop.  On the sitE they say random but for 5 days earning 7 points for searches.  It makes ZERO sense how they say random for the same number to credit multiple times.  I took this from the site and I emailed to ask and finally today made 10.  With point total of 3950 for 25 for paypal 7 is  not worth.

My Activity: Search

Date Range: October, 2019

10/26/19

SEARCH

+7

10/25/19

SEARCH

+10

10/25/19

SEARCH

+7

10/24/19