Don't They Aren't Paying Attention....

rosiesmom

because they are.  I signed into a Peanut Lab survey this morning.  The only thing I did was click on it, and it immediately brought up my vehicle information and asked me a question about it.  Hmmm.......then I had one that was 19 minutes long, it asked me a couple of questions, then it asked for a lot of demographic info and it told me I was done, didn't even give me the 1 point dq value.  Hmmmm...........they know more about me than my family does.  Ha!

I really believe it's easy to find out info about someone just by knowing their name.Especially with the internet- they have your address, phone number and whatever else they ask us for.What I find funny is they can tell you that ,but yet we are made to fill out our demographics each time we do a survey.Maybe it's their way of playing with us .I can imagine them just sitting at work in their chairs having the last laugh at our expense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, footfree said:

I really believe it's easy to find out info about someone just by knowing their name.Especially with the internet- they have your address, phone number and whatever else they ask us for.What I find funny is they can tell you that ,but yet we are made to fill out our demographics each time we do a survey.Maybe it's their way of playing with us .I can imagine them just sitting at work in their chairs having the last laugh at our expense.

Exactly!!  They know what kind of car I drive, but not my age?  Come on, it just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

And sometimes they try to get sneaky. I had a survey ask for my address "so they could check with the survey site to get get my zip + 4. I exited out of it. It didn't make sense, they could have just asked for the  zip + 4.

And what you said about the info they already have on us, it makes me wonder why if they already have it why do they ask us for it over and over in surveys.  I also think they can tell where we live by our ip address,  and who knows what info they are getting when the survey says it's checking your configuration.

• Like 1

My guess is that sometime in the past you gave this data in a survey and they just kept it in a cookie or maybe a data base. This happens to me at times.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:28 PM, rosiesmom said:

Exactly!!  They know what kind of car I drive, but not my age?  Come on, it just doesn't make sense.

I've come to the conclusion of late that a lot of the repeat info like age is being asked as a verification check. They have it. They know it or it's passed along by the survey company but they want it verified again. Also poor programming between screeners and survey is also common.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, somelady said:

And sometimes they try to get sneaky. I had a survey ask for my address "so they could check with the survey site to get get my zip + 4. I exited out of it. It didn't make sense, they could have just asked for the  zip + 4.

And what you said about the info they already have on us, it makes me wonder why if they already have it why do they ask us for it over and over in surveys.  I also think they can tell where we live by our ip address,  and who knows what info they are getting when the survey says it's checking your configuration.

I got that one!  I x'd out of it it was just weird for them to demand that in order to go forward with the survey. 

Survey "profiling" data including things like car models and make can be stored basically to save time having to fill it in every time.

Remember peanut labs are only a portal platform who redirect you to a survey on a 3rd party platform. You might have already entered the car data on a 3rd party platform and this time it redirected you to the same 3rd party platform again (which saved this car data profiling info) or it could have even been a follow-up survey based on a car survey you did previously.

As for the "lot of demographic info", avoid these altogether.... Here's what pretty much happens in those cases:

- Peanut labs thinks its found an active survey. It redirects you to the 3rd party platform to take this survey.
- The 3rd party platform asks the usual "couple of questions" which are to see if you qualify.
- When it comes to the page asking for 
a "lot of demographic info" it's the 3rd party platform's way of saying "you haven't qualified, but fill in our huge demographic profiling survey and we might have something for you"
- "might" meaning in most cases there wont be anything so definitely not worth filling it all in.

"it makes me wonder why if they already have it why do they ask us for it over and over in surveys"

Because many of these survey websites are purely portals. They get a cut of the commission for getting people to take surveys on 3rd party platforms. Meaning even if all profiling data is set up on your main profile, the 3rd party survey platform might not have access to this data already. Other times it could be software bugs or even trying to catch out people who lie (So if info entered on a survey is different to what's on their profile, they can tell).

" I also think they can tell where we live by our ip address,  and who knows what info they are getting when the survey says it's checking your configuration"

They probably can but it's more likely than not this is just to make sure you are in the country you say you are in (opposed to someone who isn't a resident of 1 country but is pretending to be to get more surveys). As for checking configuration, I think it's mostly checking to make sure flash is installed correctly so if any media files are to be played during the survey, such as video adverts, they will run fine

• Like 2