Beware of Fake Scam on Craigslist by someone pretending to be from Q&A Research

Njsurveyman

Beware, there are a couple of guys on craigslist claiming to be doctors from Q & A Research (CA office)  who text you, and then call you to conduct a test on your Amazon Account promising to pay $100 via Paypal or check. They advertise as "Looking For A Few Creatives For Research Study". I basically fell for it, because the company is a legit focus group research company.

They lead you to conduct a trade in for a Nintendo System from your home PC, but on your own amazon account. Then tell you, they will call you back in an hour to confirm payment. They never do. I made sure I cancelled the order before I was charged. Be Careful. It is a shame we now have to be weary of people pretending to be from legit companies now. I am going to call Amazon soon so that they are aware. 

There are a lot of scammers on amazon. In April I ordered something from someone that was new and didn't have reviews. Luckily I found out in time and amazon refunded my money. but the thing is reviews are still coming in about his scam, I don't know why amazon let him stay when all the reviews were about his scam, and 2 reviews that he obviously placed.    We have to beware of everything.

I usually got to a site on my own when something looks suspicious to check it out. I also do a search for bad reviews.

I signed up on Amazon to test products.  Now all I get are those Asian venders asking for me to give their product a 5 star rating and include pictures on my review.  I have never ordered anything through them, but I can't undo what I did apparently.  i can't get off the mailing list. 

A lesson that I learned is that a legit company will not have you use your own account to conduct research, for trade ins or purchases. In the past I did some of these studies, and they always provided you with a different User Name/Password for the research studies. When they want you to conduct these tests under your own account, it will now be a red flag for me.

• 5 weeks later...